• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Million Veteran Program (MVP)

dustoff22

NES Member
"It has never been easier for Veterans to join the groundbreaking Million Veteran Program (MVP). Over 775,000 Veterans have already partnered with MVP to help improve health today and for generations to come.

So said the postcard I received today. This program outwardly sounds favorable, speaking of health benefits to succeeding generations. I do, however, somehow equate it to the 23andME genetics thing which scares the living bijeezus out of me.

Anyone done this? Thoughts of its goodness or badness?

MVP

I am biased, but MVP is one of the largest and most important programs for research into the genetic basis of diseases, and Veterans who participate are doing the world a great service.

Numba 10 GI : But I'm a old fudd that hated the VA from the first time I walked into one in 1969 need of desperately in need of help and got unceremoniously got showed the door. In 1990, 10 years after 'DSM 4' came out, I got my act together with the help of the Framingham Veterans Center (Hi Maggie) and wiped the 32 year old stain clean.

Emacs thanks, I don't think you're biased it probably is a great program

Back
Top Bottom