• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Millett DMS

Urj

I'm thinking about picking up a DMS, but I'm concerned about the size. Every picture I've seen looks like the scope is enormous.

I've seen pictures of two different versions. One is really long, and the other has a knob on top of the eyepiece and looks like it's much shorter. I want the short one but everywhere I look the picture shows the long version even though both appear to have the same product number.

Anyone know anything about this? How can I find the shorter version?

I have no idea about a "shorter version but I have a Gen III and love it. Dont Know where you are located but If you would like to give it a test run, you are more than welcome to shoot that rifle.

Edit: I see you are on the North Shore. If you are gonna go to the West Springfield Show and would like to try it out let me know. Other than that I think this link will help for specs.

http://www.swfa.com/pc-10714-1395-millett-1-4x24-dms-tactical-30mm-riflescope.aspx

-DM-

Last edited:
That's the long version I'm talking about. While It's probably perfect on a 20" or even an 18" AR it doesn't look right to me on a 16". That's why I want the shorter one. I guess what I'm asking is how can I find / make sure I get the shorter model?

I had never heard of a short version, either. I have what I would guess is the long version. You can see my range report on it here, post #27.

I like it. It works well. [grin]

EDIT: If you want to see how this looks on a 16" upper, check the pictures here, on post #180. The rifles are cased, but the pictures of the Sabre upper will give you an idea of how the scope compares in size to the overall rifle.

Last edited:
I have one and love it. Set it for 1x, and it is just as fast as iron sights and you can shoot with both eyes open. On 4x, I have no problem hitting a 6" circle at 200 yards every time.

I have never used the illuminated reticle.

Hint: you are likely to need a cantilevered mount to get the scope far enough forward. I have and heartily recommend LaRue SPR-E.

Back
Top Bottom