Millennial Voters Offer Greatest Opposition to ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
2017-11-20.jpg

By AWR Hawkins

Senate Democrats are pushing an “assault weapons” ban again and the greatest opposition to it comes from voters aged 18 to 34.
In other words, many of those opposed to it were not old enough to vote during the push for such a ban following the Sandy Hook Elementary School attack. And some of them were still toddlers in 2004, which is when the last federal “assault weapons” ban expired.

The Guardian points to a Quinnipiac poll that shows support for an “assault weapons” ban surged among voters among voters over the age of 65 following the Texas church attack. Seventy-seven percent of such voters supported a ban and there was 70 percent support by voters 50 and older.

Read full story here:http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...r-greatest-opposition-to-assault-weapons-ban/

I would attribute it to the "trashed party" mindset. You get told all these things about how great a party will be, and you go and are enjoying yourself because you were believing the hype of it. Then you start to look around and realize how much of the "great stuff" is just people trashing the place. Once you see this its hard to unsee it, and you are more likely to believe when someone tells you that XYZ thing that the people trashing the party are doing is also flawed.

Is it any wonder.

What's the average age at your local church? 60? 70? It's old. That model of religion is dying in this country. It could use a good Depression or World War to spark it. Otherwise, it's dead. And the older folks are JUST trying to keep it like it was in 1955. Honestly. I was very active for a number of years. Scary what is a "sacred cow" in churches, no pun intended.

So what does your natural human do when they see something like this? They want to circle their own wagons. Other peep's freedom be damned. I want to be safe and protected.

Tell them that Social Security is an entitlement program and watch them lose their minds. LOL (We need better smileys.):confused:

EDIT

This does not mean ALL 65yo's think this. Or that anyone on NES is anti-gun because they are of a certain age or a certain color or touch their private parts to certain other types of private parts that may or may not be the same as theirs. But in GENERAL, people want to protect them and theirs FIRST.

I have a hard time buying this assertion despite the poll. Never met a college-educated millennial who didn't hate and fear guns and want 2A repealed altogether, along with an serious abridgment of 1A that would make it illegal to make a statement that offends another person.

I have a hard time buying this assertion despite the poll. Never met a college-educated millennial who didn't hate and fear guns and want 2A repealed altogether, along with an serious abridgment of 1A that would make it illegal to make a statement that offends another person.

I don't have a hard time buying it at all. Also "college educated millenial" in the northeast has preselection bias built into it because of all the communism around here. Talk to a college grad somewhere else and they're likely to feel differently about it. Or even talk to that same graduate 3-5 years removed from college, might be a different result.

You're also allowing media bullshit to cloud your judgement; media over-represents moonbat viewpoints amongst millenials to a level of striking absurdity. The media keeps trying to push certain kinds of memetics and ideas and trying to get people to believe that those ideas are a widely held beliefs, etc- but it's all a bunch of horseshit. This used to work, very well, but now less people are falling for it. If it still worked like it used to, Trump would have never been elected. Now more people are skeptical of media. WAY more skeptical.

Also food for thought..... talk to anyone that has flipped antis.... flipping a millenial anti, or what I call a "tepid anti" is often much easier than a legacy anti. Geritols that don't like guns.... usually a lost cause. Their brains are filled with so much impacted mental feces, because 50% of them basically park their ass in front of the TV once they hit 70 until they die- so their entire worldview is based on a bunch of garbage spewed by talking head "news" retards on TV. Thankfully people of all age brackets, though, are starting to distrust mass media, and they should have good reason to- this is the same media that said that trump could never win, etc.

Theres a silent war going on with media and information, WRT guns (and a lot of other things) and we're not doing nearly as bad as you think.

-Mike

I don't have a hard time buying it at all. Also "college educated millenial" in the northeast has preselection bias built into
it because of all the communism around here. Talk to a college grad somewhere else and they're likely to feel differently about it.

You're also allowing media bullshit to cloud your judgement; media over-represents moonbat viewpoints amongst millenials to a level of striking absurdity. The media keeps trying to push certain kinds of memetics and ideas and trying to get people to believe that
those ideas are a widely held beliefs, etc. This used to work, very well, but now less people are falling for it. If it still worked like
it used to, Trump would have never been elected. Now more people are skeptical of media. WAY more skeptical.

Also food for thought..... talk to anyone that has flipped antis.... flipping a millenial anti, or what I call a "tepid anti" is often much
easier than a legacy anti. Geritols that don't like guns.... usually a lost cause. Their brains are filled with so much impacted mental feces, because 50% of them basically park their ass in front of the TV once they hit 70 until they die- so their entire worldview is based on a bunch of garbage spewed by talking head "news" retards on TV. Thankfully people of all age brackets, though, are starting to distrust mass media, and they should have good reason to- this is the same media that said that trump could never win, etc.

Theres a silent war going on with media and information, WRT guns, and we're not doing nearly as bad as you think.

-Mike

I would agree. Also, the tepid uninformed/anti people I know approach the headline anti 2a stuff as the mainline Dems just Bikeshedding themselves off the deep end. They just don't care about it and now get the "can we just get back to work on real priorities?" mindset. Between environment, economic stuff, and student loan issues (among other things) the firearm issue is more of sideshow than a priority for them.

once those millenials will start getting their real paychecks and taking care of their real families and see the taxes that's when they really shit the brick. I'd hope that their opposition was based on founding principles and not playing games in mom's basement.

I feel really sad that many old folks in this country are literally screwing over the younger generation in terms of rights. This is the legacy that they leave behind, something that their kids and grandkids will have to deal with. Halmark should offer special section of holiday cards: "Merry Xmass little Johnny, I'm buying you a toy to make up how royally I screwed you over by giving up into tyranny, love gramps"

You now know one :D . Depending on the millennial definition of the week, I sometimes qualify. I am also a grad student at a school with a Boston zipcode (same as my undergrad). I do 2nd amendment days for when any of them want to learn. Not all is lost with the snowflakes once they get into the real world. I also do it at work with the younger admins and they love it once they learn a firearm is just another tool.

once those millenials will start getting their real paychecks and taking care of their real families and see the taxes that's when they really shit the brick. I'd hope that their opposition was based on founding principles and not playing games in mom's basement.

I feel really sad that many old folks in this country are literally screwing over the younger generation in terms of rights. This is the legacy that they leave behind, something that their kids and grandkids will have to deal with. Halmark should offer special section of holiday cards: "Merry Xmass little Johnny, I'm buying you a toy to make up how royally I screwed you over by giving up into tyranny, love gramps"

Kevin "I love teenage boys" Spacey said it best in Swimming With Sharks.

If you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains

The younger portion of that 18-34 year old population is actually generation Z - and from what I've read generation Z is seriously conservative. One of the explanations I've seen (which applies mostly to Gen Z males), is that they've been stewing in a toxic stew of leftism, feminism, multiculturalism for so long - they're rebelling against it. Sort of the same way the 60's generation decided to rebel against their parent's generation. The over 65'ers - are the turds who came of age in the 60's and are largely responsible for all that crap the Gen Z'ers are rebelling against.

Hello, nice to meet you. Let me tell you about the 40+ others the last two years at UML I’ve helped get their FID/LTCs...
We’re out here. Some more openly out here than others.

Gee, I wonder what effect all those Iraq/Afghan veterans would have on their peers when they came back from the sand-pile.....not surprised at all. You either engage young people, or shooting sports die-out.

You now know one :D . Depending on the millennial definition of the week, I sometimes qualify. I am also a grad student at a school with a Boston zipcode (same as my undergrad). I do 2nd amendment days for when any of them want to learn. Not all is lost with the snowflakes once they get into the real world. I also do it at work with the younger admins and they love it once they learn a firearm is just another tool.

I've always thought of myself as Gen X, but over the decades I've noticed that depending on who you are reading or listening to at any given time - the definition changes.

When I hear them screw with the definitions of Gen X, I tell them that maybe they ought to think their shit out a little better. The "Baby Boom" generation is allegedly born from all the US servicemen returning from WW2. Depending on who you believe - the average age us US service men during WW2 was somewhere in the 20-26 year old range.

Since I was born in 1964 - that would mean if you took the age of a US soldier he would be in the 40-46 year old range if I was his kid ( I wasn't - my father and mother were both born DURING WW2). People tended to have their kids earlier in life back then - and even now when feminists tell women to put off child birth and "get a career" - thinking that somebody would have been having children in their 40's is really pushing the definition to the extreme.

^Yeah, those ranges vary quite a bit. I always seem to fit Gen X (1970) no matter who defines it.

There are always extremes, too. My Dad was born during WWII when his father was 46...pretty damn old for those days!

There's a lot of non-college educated millennials that aren't liberals. SJWs, especially in college, are creating a strong opposition out of the rest of the people. When normal kids see the extremism of SJW's and the uncompromising "2 sided" mentality (not accepting or realizing that people can still mostly agree with you but not on every issue) it drives them away. The absurdity of their arguments, assertions, and beliefs really creates strong conservatives. When it comes to guns, there's enough kids who know someone with one that they know it's not a bad thing. They see antifa, the knockout game, shootings everywhere, and realize "shit, I need a gun!"
We grew up with shooting after shooting and attack after attack and reasonable kids realize that the cops are minutes away... after they've been called by someone.

Let's pump the brakes on giving the millennials another participation trophy. Full poll results here: https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/us/us11152017_ucp261.pdf/

According to poll results, millennials:
  • 62% support stricter gun laws
  • 94% support background checks
  • 64% support stricter regulations over ammunition sales
  • 69% support ban on gun mods (increase rate of fire nonsense)
  • 54% believe it would be less safe if more people carried
And... Hillary received 55% of the millennial votes vs 37% for Trump.

Conclusion: millennials = didgeridoos

Let's pump the brakes on giving the millennials another participation trophy. Full poll results here: https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/us/us11152017_ucp261.pdf/

My conclusion is that better education/definition of some of these items along with breaking guns from being a "package deal" with the rest of the Repub platform would yield more "satisfactory" results. Learning about some of these items takes some time, and they can only learn the correct information so fast after having the disadvantage of being raised and educated by Baby Boomers.

In general the younger demographic has to make a choice on where to make compromises on their personal ethics/beliefs when picking who to vote for. My response to people who complain about X group not voting for Trump is the same as people who cry about Hillary losing. "if you don't like it, get a better candidate next time"

If someone asks me if I am in favor or improving gun laws I would say "Yes" (okay actually I would say "Thats a complex question that hinges on the analysis involved in how to gauge what constitutes an improvement") If someone asks me if I think background checks can stop a sale to a criminal who is attempting to buy a gun at a store, I would say "Yes". If you changed it to "Background checks will stop a criminal from obtaining a gun" I would change to a "No".

Why would you cite a report generated by the enemy? Not sure if serious.

"LATEST MASSACRE DRIVES GUN CONTROL SUPPORT TO NEW HIGH, QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY NATIONAL POLL FINDS; VOTERS REJECT GOP TAX PLAN 2-1"

With a tagline like that RIGHT IN THE thing you linked to, did you NOT think there isn't any malfeasance afoot? Perhaps, poor methodology, or even asking the
wrong questions- can be conducted, to generate a "desired" result by the people
conducting the survey.

"Millenials are bad, and approve of statist horseshit all the time, cuz this ONE survey, conducted by moonbats proves it!!!!!!!! ZOMG!!!!! LOOK AT IT!!! SUCH SMOKING GUN!!!!! bweah!!!"

Before using a survey in an argument..... please, for the love of god, consider the source. Even things like the pew research center etc have less bias than that crap.

I think some of us don't even understand... that part of this war is based on deception and misinformation. They are trying to portray these shitty views as being "Populist" in nature, and insinuating that constituents demand gun restrictions, etc... because they want to normalize the idea- in a vain attempt to try to push some people off the fence onto their side...

-Mike

Last edited:

"LATEST MASSACRE DRIVES GUN CONTROL SUPPORT TO NEW HIGH, QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY NATIONAL POLL FINDS; VOTERS REJECT GOP TAX PLAN 2-1"

With a tagline like that RIGHT IN THE thing you linked to, did you NOT think there isn't any malfeasance afoot? Perhaps, poor methodology, or even asking the
conducting the survey.

"Millenials are bad, and approve of statist horseshit all the time, cuz this ONE survey, conducted by moonbats proves it!!!!!!!! ZOMG!!!!! LOOK AT IT!!! SUCH SMOKING GUN!!!!! bweah!!!"

Before using a survey in an argument..... please, for the love of god, consider the source. Even things like the pew research center etc have less bias than that crap.

I think some of us don't even understand... that part of this war is based on deception and misinformation. They are trying to portray these shitty views as being "Populist" in nature, and insinuating that constituents demand gun restrictions, etc... because they want to normalize the idea- in a vain attempt to try to push some people off the fence onto their side...

-Mike

Its easier to put together a biased poll than a real one that will give results without impacting the data.

I am pretty sure anyone here could shit out a handful of leading questions that would give results calling for walking back the Hughes Amendment or Deregulating Silencers.

conducting the survey.

-Mike

In the OP, the Breitbert article cited a Guardian article which cited Quinnipiac poll. If this poll is garbage, then call out Breitbert for referencing this lousy source. I just followed the click bait trail.

In the OP, the Breitbert article cited a Guardian article which cited Quinnipiac poll. If this poll is garbage, then call out Breitbert for referencing this lousy source. I just followed the click bait trail.

Fine then, in this instance, Breitbart sucks too, for falling for that kind of stuff- but I'm guessing they don't care- because "shitting on millenials" is like an automatic gag reflex/red meat material for most of Breitbarts base readership. (one thing that pisses me off about most "conservative" news sources, is they won't shit on the people who teed up the ball, the boomers.... ) And I will admit- that at times, I will shit on millenials generically; but even I usually temper that with a dose of reality... I just think as a general rule it doesn't do anyone any good... particularly when theres this untapped base of adults in the world... and not all of them are going to be Section 8/fake disability liar/welfare type losers.

ETA: This same phenomena is frustrating when watching a talking head argument on faux news. Sometimes they will have 3 people yelling at each other almost and 2 are really wrong and 1 is slightly less wrong... but there's always that third or fourth voice that simply wasn't invited to the party. That's what citing these kinds of polls is like, its a sort of "sin or lie by omission".

-Mike

Hello, nice to meet you. Let me tell you about the 40+ others the last two years at UML I’ve helped get their FID/LTCs...
We’re out here. Some more openly out here than others.

This right here ^
Also a lot of millennial are tech savvy and can do their own research, and generally hate BS. I've explained how the MA roster works to some seriously liberal people and even they think its retarded. Same with AR's once you explain it so some people, you can convince them its just a different looking gun.

Hi. College educated millennial who doesn't hate and fear guns and want the 2A to be repealed altogether, along with all the other bullshit stated here.

I did my research about firearms. I applied for my LTC. I didn't have anyone to teach me, so I took some classes at Mass Firearms School and practiced for a long time before I felt comfortable and confident carrying. I'm a member of multiple clubs. I've taken handfuls of antis (both millennials and Gen Xers) for fun days at the range, I explained the rules of shooting and instructed my guests to recite them back to me, and I had discussions about the current atmosphere towards firearms, and opened their eyes enough to do their own research. Several went on to get their LTCs.

But please! Just lump everyone in an entire generation together. I won't try to change your mind, or make illegal the idea of speaking your mind. That would be too typical for a millennial.

Hi. College educated millennial who doesn't hate and fear guns and want the 2A to be repealed altogether, along with all the other bullshit stated here.

I did my research about firearms. I applied for my LTC. I didn't have anyone to teach me, so I took some classes at Mass Firearms School and practiced for a long time before I felt comfortable and confident carrying. I'm a member of multiple clubs. I've taken handfuls of antis (both millennials and Gen Xers) for fun days at the range, I explained the rules of shooting and instructed my guests to recite them back to me, and I had discussions about the current atmosphere towards firearms, and opened their eyes enough to do their own research. Several went on to get their LTCs.

But please! Just lump everyone in an entire generation together. I won't try to change your mind, or make illegal the idea of speaking your mind. That would be too typical for a millennial.

Well said!

Back
Top Bottom