• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

millbury

Dick's Sporting Goods up on the hill, but they only do long guns.

I think there are maybe 2 places in Webster (Sparky's, Bob's), First Defense in Uxbridge, Tombstone in the Brookfields, Wayne's in W. Boylston, then Belchertown (R&R?), and one in Sturbridge(?), oh and one in Northborough (Titegroup?) near GOAL offices. That's about it for all of Central MA.

Last edited:
I live in that area and as indicated, Zenks is not that far away from Millbury. It's a small place, but he always has interesting stuff for sale. Ammo there is hit or miss.

Also indicated Dick's up at the Blackstone Shops sells long guns only, but they do sell handgun, shotgun and rifle ammo. Watch their adds as they frequently have ammo sales.

The only other local place, and I hate to point this place out, is The Gun Room in Shrewsbury. [puke] Typically they have bad service and very high prices. They do have a lot of ammo if your in a bind.

No other places local.

The only other local place, and I hate to point this place out, is The Gun Room in Shrewsbury. [puke] Typically they have bad service and very high prices. They do have a lot of ammo if your in a bind.
Second that on bad service and high prices. I'll never buy a gun there again - the POS Colt that I got there had basically been shot out - very badly worn rifling in the barrel. Unfortunately, I bought it before I ever learned that a barrel could be worn out!

I know, caveat emptor... but I'm being wary of that place from now on.

Wow - I keep hearing bad things about the Gun Room. I must hit them on good days for them. I've always had excellent service, and have found the prices on things that I've wanted to be pretty decent.

Then again, if I'm in a gun shop, and I'm buying guns or ammo - it takes a LOT to knock me out of a good mood.

Wow - I keep hearing bad things about the Gun Room. I must hit them on good days for them. I've always had excellent service, and have found the prices on things that I've wanted to be pretty decent.

Then again, if I'm in a gun shop, and I'm buying guns or ammo - it takes a LOT to knock me out of a good mood.

I will admit to having bought a few guns there years ago. That being
said... never again. Most of what they sell is way overpriced... about
the only good thing about that place is that they have a lot of rifles and
shotguns around... but there are plenty of other stores now that do, too. (without
the crass service/attitude ).

-Mike

Dick's Sporting Goods up on the hill, but they only do long guns.

I think there are maybe 2 places in Webster (Sparky?), one in the Brookfields, one in W. Boylston (Wayne's?), then Belchertown (RR?), and one in Sturbridge(?), oh and one in Northborough near GOAL offices. That's about it for all of Central MA.

I was going to say... I have a buddy in Webster. And when I'm going to thier house, I pass a gun shop on 16.. Or is it 18? Whatever goes into Webster. It's always at night so it's closed. But it's there. Can't remember the name though, it might be Sparky's.

There are 2 in Webster. Sparky's which is located in the East Main Street Plaza behind Friendly's and Webster Lake Sporting Goods which is on Rt 16 towards Douglas. Webster Lake has a pretty good inventory with a good amount of Glocks and Sigs as well as a ton of long guns. They are usually open around 6am but I am not sure what time they close. Sparky's has S&W and Para's. It's an ok shop.

Yeah, Sparky's is an interesting place. He usually has a bunch of friends in the place shooting the perverbial bull with him, which basically means he ignores you until you ask him a specific question or if you come up to buy something. A friend bought a SKS from him a little while ago that was a pretty decent deal.

There's a place in Sutton also. I see them at all the gun shows. They ahve a very small shop (maybe 20x20). I'm not sure of their hours. here is their info

Stoney Acre Sports - (508) 865-4401 - 437 Mendon Rd, Sutton, MA

Back
Top Bottom