Millbury PD refusing to process LTC's due to coronavirus

I wonder what would happen if cities and towns in the Commonwealth refused to enroll people on the voter rolls when they move into town due to this virus. I suspect the courts would end that quickly, but because this involves GUNZ, not so much.

Bad precedent. Soon it'll be "we are suspending LTC processing due to a 7-hour lunch break" or "because our only black pen ran dry" or the more truthful "because we simply don't feel like letting your exercise your rights because we know better than you do".

Well if your caught with a gun,and no LTC,just show them this,
and tell them you tried,but they would not do it.

I suspect that many/most PDs will suspend LTC apps/renewals. They can get away with it and use the virus/emergency as a convenient excuse. IIRC courts are shut down for a month or so and therefore if you sued, the hearing would probably be scheduled for 2021 or 2022.

MGL specifies that you CAN Mail it in, doesn't require an interview either. If they were truly concerned about "serving" (that's a joke), they would notify that you can mail it in for renewals and they would process WITHOUT any interviews to minimize exposure.

Douchebaggery for sure. What are you supposed to do when it expires and you don't have a renewed licence?
So do they include themselves in this? How about any other politician, government official or family member residing in the town?
I think we all know the answer to that question.

Last edited:
Well if your caught with a gun,and no LTC,just show them this,
and tell them you tried,but they would not do it.
Keep your bail bondsman on speed-dial. You show that to LEOs and they will have a good belly laugh as they take out the cuffs and bust you. They are exempt. They have LEOSA. The rest of us don't have that perk. I still say having them served and getting the matter into court is the best route. You can use their published notice about their refusal to process applications as proof of their wrongdoing.

Bad precedent. Soon it'll be "we are suspending LTC processing due to a 7-hour lunch break" or "because our only black pen ran dry" or the more truthful "because we simply don't feel like letting your exercise your rights because we know better than you do".
Pelosi has got a sh*t ton of pens they can borrow! [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom