Millbury LTC

My buddy is trying to get his LTC and 2 things seem out of the norm... First, they are requiring 3 letter of recommendation. second, they said he needs to re-take his LTC class because he took it 2 years ago and they said that's too long ago. Can they do this? I guess I can see the letters of recommendation although technically they aren't supposed to require this but saying the LTC class he took 2 years old is too old? This seems ridiculous. What can he do?

Backwoods - My town also required a recent safety class and 3 letters of recommendation from non-family members. Since licensing is basically at the discretion of the local chief of police my advice would be to tell him to take the class again... no sense in making a stink because he can just deny the application or bury it for months. It sucks but its reality.

We have a new chief, I don't know how he swings on the issue. The old one had the same rules, though. 3 letters, and class can be no more than a year ago. They processed my renewal pretty quickly though.

Yeah looks like he's just going to re-take the class. Sucks for him. I didn't need any letters but they were on the fence about me taking a more recent class. However, my class in question was taken 10 years ago when I was 16 haha so I didn't have a problem with that. And even still, they almost let me go without taking a new class. Oh well. Just one more reason I hate Mass. Thanks for the info guys. I kind of wanted to know that he wasn't the only one they were giving this crap to.

I have a family member who is "employed" by millbury pd and the new chief is supposedly 2a friendly like the former chief. The former chief required 3 letters and a recent class. All the letters need to say is I have known ________ for X amount of time and he has been a stand up member of the community for as long as I have known him. Millbury should still be considered Green

We have a new chief, I don't know how he swings on the issue. The old one had the same rules, though. 3 letters, and class can be no more than a year ago. They processed my renewal pretty quickly though.

Really I used letter of recommendations for college, lol. I used the same class for my FID, then 2 year layers for my LTC.

Just jump through the hoops. Yes it sucks but everything goes right through afterwards and everyone down at the station is nice and accommodating . Your friend should be glad he lives in millbury compared to some of the other towns/cities.

Back
Top Bottom