Mill ownership

I read somewhere or other the mill will be razed and then 285 residential units going in, already tentatively approved by the town.
285 sounds like a lot for that location. That is probably the max number approved, but that changes. It is probably easier to build less than trying to build more.

Although if they build a huge commercial center across the street, that area can boom with business and people. I can't wait until everyone around Littleton starts crying because there is too much traffic.

Look what they have done near University Park Station. They built a ton of apartments and shopping across the street.

285 sounds like a lot for that location. That is probably the max number approved, but that changes. It is probably easier to build less than trying to build more.

Although if they build a huge commercial center across the street, that area can boom with business and people. I can't wait until everyone around Littleton starts crying because there is too much traffic.

Look what they have done near University Park Station. They built a ton of apartments and shopping across the street.

[rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIvmfug_dE

you are aware WHERE the mill is located, right?
no one would live there, unless it will be some subsidized low income or section something housing.

building luxury condos in such proximity to a highway - no way. so, littleton karens bunch will probably get that it deserves in that lot - a whole lot of relocated junkies straight from cass&mass.

and they deserve it, karens i mean.

PS. or it may be some sort of a hotel, of course, but, who needs a hotel in littleton?
FFL Bed & Breakfast?

no one would live there, unless it will be some subsidized low income or section something housing.
How expensive are houses around that area?

building luxury condos in such proximity to a highway - no way.
Like most luxury condos in MA?

Have you sene the ones going up right next to train tracks all over Boston? And near highways around MA?

Dedham - west there is a trailer park, east is a pretty busy highway and if you want to go left you need to drive over half mile to the right and turn, south there are car dealerships. There is nowhere to walk to, it s*cks.

The big two buildings in the middle are finishing construction, all apartments. Nothing cheap or ghetto, notice they don't even have enough parking, unless they purchased the lot behind the dealership.

People will buy/rent it.

Screenshot_20230120_165438_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

building luxury condos in such proximity to a highway - no way. so, littleton karens bunch will probably get that it deserves in that lot - a whole lot of relocated junkies straight from cass&mass.

PS. or it may be some sort of a hotel, of course, but, who needs a hotel in littleton?
One person's "too close to noisy highways and traffic" is another's "convenient access to everywhere"

One person's "too close to noisy highways and traffic" is another's "convenient access to everywhere"
I am a couple miles from rt 2 a couple more miles and I would basically eat a gun unless i was working from home. Cutting that 5/10/15 minutes of "driving in stop and go bullshit " off at one end is a huge win.

dude anyone who lives in a condo or an apartment is going to have bigger noise problems from their neighbors, nevermind highway road noise. [rofl]

495 isn’t that close to the mill for noise. All those houses, buildings, apartments etc near highways use higher end sound reduction windows and insulation. A family friend lives probably 40 yards from the mass pike. His family owned the house and land when it was taken for the pike. He built a new house there 10 years ago, used the windows they use near airports and foam insulation. You can’t hear anything inside the house. Outside the highway is load and unrelenting.

The people who buy the apartments next to highways are often from cities where they’re used to noise, limited parking, etc. a lot are also transitory. They’re buying or renting an apartment, staying for a few years then moving. These people are generally not staying in these places for 10, 20 years

Apartments in Littleton and along rt will be marketed to biotech people in Cambridge. They can drive right down rt to Cambridge or park at alewife and take the red line into Boston. A lot of people don’t want a house with land, they want a McMansion house with no land or a luxury apartment and open space elsewhere.

I grew up next to train tracks and now live next to a busy section of route 1 … you stop noticing at some point. It just tunes out. Prob some fancy name for it. Getting old and deaf maybe.

Like most luxury condos in MA?

Have you sene the ones going up right next to train tracks all over Boston? And near highways around MA?

Dedham - west there is a trailer park, east is a pretty busy highway and if you want to go left you need to drive over half mile to the right and turn, south there are car dealerships. There is nowhere to walk to, it s*cks.

The big two buildings in the middle are finishing construction, all apartments. Nothing cheap or ghetto, notice they don't even have enough parking, unless they purchased the lot behind the dealership.

People will buy/rent it.

View attachment 711651
Not true. The first building is built wrapped entirely around a multi-level parking garage. It probably has 1.5-2 spaces per unit.

which makes perfect sense. why would they want to run an empty building? all that bs will take years to finilize, the demolition and reconstruction.
if ever.
He will use the Mill to grease any and every permit exception through the town. The gun shops are a benefit to him, not a hinderance. Once he is ready, he will have the fastest approvals you have ever seen out of that town and will get whatever he wants.

He will use the Mill to grease any and every permit exception through the town. The gun shops are a benefit to him, not a hinderance. Once he is ready, he will have the fastest approvals you have ever seen out of that town and will get whatever he wants.
I think he already has. He probably was the one who started the drama lol.

Dude, most new condos are being built near major highways and is actually a selling point .. They sell these places on how close they are to major transportation/freeways. The one in Mansfield is basically built on top of an overpass right next to a train station. Did you ever think ANYBODY would want to live in a mall? Yet we have Natick collection and that place in Westborough, those are the only ones I know about, so might be more.

Last edited:
Anyone here know Sal? Is he into guns?
Don't know if he is into gun but he is a moron. Came into the shop shortly after he got an investor looking for a suppler, demanding this and that pretty much showing he didn't WTF he was doing so he was shown the door and he drove away in his Maserati.
I loved his pizza but once Mrs. Kicker went to Sal's restaurant in Lawrence and it was horrible. The food sucked, the waiter didn't know jack seeet how to do his job, served me first instead of the wife, the grated cheese shaker has an 1/16" of crud stuck to it, I told him to take it away and give it to the manager. All in all disgusting.

Maybe he has learned a few things since but I was not impressed with him or his fancy restaurant.
That being said, I am sure his money makes him feel good as it would make anyone but it doesn't make you a better person if your an a$$ or just act like one.

Last edited:
Let’s think in tinfoil terms just for the fun of it. Sal is probably a smart guy or he wouldn’t have the money to develop stuff.

The SHTF about gUnZ in the globe and Sal sees the mill up for sale. Sal’s gears start turning. It’s not a real big chunk of land waiting on a new neighborhood, but it’s a nice piece of real estate being on the 495 ramp and reasonably close to Boston.

Sal thinks it’s a great buy since he is unlikely to lose money on it AND people like Sal need friends in high places to smooth over licensing and other BS. Who better to have on your side than the rug muncher in chief herself?

You know THE FIRST OPENLY GAY (tm) governor of MA has a lady chub for the mill and it’s a feather in her cap if she could somehow take credit for shutting it down.

I can think of a bunch of ways old Sal could facilitate this quietly while letting the right people claim it as a victory against gun violence.

I can't imagine living on a highway. I don't know how people live like that.
when we lived in MO i had to sleep with earplugs in, due to harley gangs riding around all summer long. as we got that place during winter - it was not too apparent, how much noise the nearby road will produce.

so, now, i`ve got my prejudices.

Did you ever think ANYBODY would want to live in a mall?
i know personally some bit of old timers who actually do live there and are loving it, specifically because of walking into the mall. and on the other side is a cochituate park.

Reading has an apartment complex right next to 93. If you’re looking for prostitutes or drugs that is a good place to go.
have you driven by the abomination that used to be the nike missile site? Came with it's own new traffic light on Rt28 by the Shell station.

I grew up next to train tracks and now live next to a busy section of route 1 … you stop noticing at some point. It just tunes out. Prob some fancy name for it. Getting old and deaf maybe.

I lived for years in Natick next to the T Station. Everyone who came over asked how I could live next to that noise. Honestly after the first month or two I didn’t even hear it anymore.

Dude, most new condos being built near a major highway is a selling point .. They sell these places on how close they are to major transportation/freeways. The one in Mansfield is basically built on top of an overpass right next to a train station. Did you ever think ANYBODY would want to live in a mall? Yet we have Natick collection and that place in Westborough, those are the only ones I know about, so might be more.

They dropped the collection and went back to calling it a mall

I lived for years in Natick next to the T Station. Everyone who came over asked how I could live next to that noise. Honestly after the first month or two I didn’t even hear it anymore.

The body does that. People who work in a dump, sewage plant or have a stinky house, the body stops sensing it.

The body does that. People who work in a dump, sewage plant or have a stinky house, the body stops sensing it.

It's like in Lowell there's a nice condo complex on 110, right next to the sewage treatment plant.

The Walkway Condominiums.

In the summer, the smell is unbearable to just drive by. But people get used to it and live there.

Screenshot_20230121-081443_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20230121-081549_Maps.jpg

Back
Top Bottom