• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mill a Glock for Optic

iofneedle

NES Member
Curious if anyone has any suggestion for a place to bring/send my Glock 41 to get milled for an optic?

Please let me know your thoughts and/or experiences.

Thanks

I’ve sent two slides to Jagerwerks, it was milled to fit a trijicon rmr. They have other options for milling. They do flawless work.

Primary Machine cut my M&P for Vortex Venom. The fit was tight and exact. The work was flawless and turnaround ran about 2 wks including shipping.

Nc engravers

I sent my sig p365 in for slide milling including optic cut and Cerakote and had it back in less than 10 days from when I shipped. They do incredible work.

Glock-Products — NCEngravers NCEngravers
really liked the look of your slide. they did nice work. been nosing around the web site and think i'm sending a glock slide to them for a bit of work. thanks for the heads up, good stuff.

ATEi does great work and is highly regarded.

Not sure what they cut for besides the RMR but they also have an option for a custom cut. You send them your RMR, they measure it and cut the slide for that RMR. Makes for a press fit, taking the stress from the screws and bosses to the front and back surfaces.

They are a small house and batch out nitriding, so expect a long wait but I am extremely happy with their work.

Ateiguns.com

While you’re at it you can have your serrations changed, front and top serrations added, etc. Their serrations are really nice and sharp. I’d post a picture but it looks the same as the gallery on their site.

What are the costs for doing the milling work?
Yes, it depends on what you need milled. Most of the websites have their prices listed. Keep in mind, any milling is also going to require re-coating (Cerakote, or whatever).

What are the costs for doing the milling work?
I spent $90 this year on Black Friday. Jagerwerks.com you may need to cerakote afterwards which can be $50-$100 depends what you want. Or they can black tool the raw metal. Which usually is added when they cut the slide.

I spent $90 this year on Black Friday. Jagerwerks.com you may need to cerakote afterwards which can be $50-$100 depends what you want. Or they can black tool the raw metal. Which usually is added when they cut the slide.
Wow, that was a great deal.

Note: The G41 and 17L usually require extra labor (and increased costs) as the slide has a hollow cavity that needs to be filled in first.

Jagerwerks has done two g19's, a g34, a cz p-10c and a p-07 for me. They do outstanding milling and coating for very reasonable prices.

What’s special about those two?

The "special" is the hollow cavity each has. To cut down weight on the longer slides, Glock keeps an internal cavity. I'm not sure the reason the 41 has it but the 34 doesn't. Maybe due to the difference in the recoil springs for those calibers.

I reached out to NC Engraving based on the pictures here and some other feedback on the intarwebz, and will be sending my slide in for some engraving. They won't do the color fill, however. Does anyone know who can add the color to the slide? It's the old Florida Gator logo that I'm adding.

I reached out to NC Engraving based on the pictures here and some other feedback on the intarwebz, and will be sending my slide in for some engraving. They won't do the color fill, however. Does anyone know who can add the color to the slide? It's the old Florida Gator logo that I'm adding.

That's pretty easy to DIY. I've done it to many pistols and one of my ARs. And if you mess up its easy to remove.

Back
Top Bottom