• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Militias flock to Gettysburg to foil supposed flag burning

Reptile

NES Member
GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, PA. - For weeks, a mysterious figure on social media talked up plans for antifa protesters to converge on this historical site on Independence Day to burn American flags, an event that seemed at times to border on the farcical.

"Let's get together and burn flags in protest of thugs and animals in blue," the anonymous person behind a Facebook page called Left Behind USA wrote in mid-June. There would be antifa face paint, the person wrote, and organizers would "be giving away free small flags to children to safely throw into the fire."

As word spread, self-proclaimed militias, bikers, skinheads and far-right groups from outside the state issued a call to action, pledging in online videos and posts to come to Gettysburg to protect the Civil War monuments and the nation's flag from desecration. Some said they would bring firearms and use force if necessary.

On Saturday afternoon, in the hours before the flag burning was to start, they flooded in by the hundreds - heavily armed and unaware, it seemed, that the mysterious Internet poster was not who the person claimed to be.

People need to calm the F down and stop worrying about what Kevin does with a flag on Gettysburg. Let them look stupid. Please! Every stupid left-wing protestor will make ALL left-wing protestors look stupid.

I can tell you that July 4th weekend is Gettysburg's biggest tourist weekend. Not only has it been (pre-Covid) the home of the most well-attended civil war reenactments (Think thousands of guys with guns and cannon) but tourist book up every room and campground for miles. The Battle itself was fought on July 1,2 and 3, so this weekend is always Gettysburg's busiest.

People need to calm the F down and stop worrying about what Kevin does with a flag on Gettysburg. Let them look stupid. Please! Every stupid left-wing protestor will make ALL left-wing protestors look stupid.
I think the bigger concern was the monuments being defaced.

In Gettysburg??? LET THEM!

Do you think the cost of replacing the monuments would be greater than the damage to this mob would be??? Suddenly, you'd get black leaders out there telling folks to KITFO.

The LA riots didn't stop until Rodney King told them to KITFO. When you destroy monuments to folks that fought for your freedom, you lose all credibility.

I'd pledge $10,000 to replace the monuments afterwards.

Too bad Antifa won’t pull this crap up here. It’s perfectly lawful to shoot arsonists here. It’s even written into the RSA’S. 😲
(Look it up yourself.)

they will just get more brazen and next time they'll burn your house (and loot it too, for justice) These get togethers just embolden them.

In Gettysburg??? LET THEM!

Do you think the cost of replacing the monuments would be greater than the damage to this mob would be??? Suddenly, you'd get black leaders out there telling folks to KITFO.

The LA riots didn't stop until Rodney King told them to KITFO. When you destroy monuments to folks that fought for your freedom, you lose all credibility.

I'd pledge $10,000 to replace the monuments afterwards.

I think that to minimize the damage, you can just MG down the whole crowd. Least of money spent. The amount of money you'd save for these a**h***s spending time in prison later will be epic. The real problem is that politicians don't care about law nor order, only votes. All expenses do not come from their pockets.

Back
Top Bottom