• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Military Style Rifles FAQ

I was thinking that it might be a good idea for us to put together a FAQ addressing all the myths regarding rifles, gun violence, etc. There's so many antis who ask the same questions.

Example:

Q. Why do you need 30 round clips?

A1. It is the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs. The people must have them because the Government has them.

A2. They are magazines, not clips.

A3. To protect our families from criminals.

Q. But they had muskets when the Bill of Rights was written, it doesn't apply to modern weaponry.

A1. And so did the British. They used the latest available military technology. Does the First Amendment only apply for printed press today?

A2. Criminals don't use muskets against law abiding citizens.

Q. Can't you protect your families with less bullets, like 7? Or 5? Or just one? All you have to do is shoot the legs of the bad guy and you'll be safe.

A. 7 bullets may or may not be enough. There are cases of bad guys shot as much as 40 times (fact check?) and still not disabled. As for shooting the legs, make sure you campaign with Police Officers to start doing that. As of now, they are trained to shoot center mass. Let us know what their answer is.

Q. Aren't you being paranoid?

A. Are SWAT police officers paranoid? They are heavily armored, prepared and operate in well coordinated and trained teams even against one target. They use rifles with 30 round magazines, often with full auto fire capabilities. The reason? They want to do the job and go home to their families. When is the last time you saw a SWAT officer taking on multiple targets with 7 round magazines?

Q. But you are not a SWAT officer.

A. No but i have a right to defend my family and myself against criminals. Do you disagree with the right of self-defense?

Q. But what are the chances of you being in that position?

A. What are the chances of your house catching fire? Yet you pay for fire insurance.

Q. You are not a trained Police Officer. Only they should have weapons because they are trained.

A. A large number of P.O. only practice shooting 1 or 2 times a year. We practice much more often. On average in a shooting, Police Officers hit their targets about 30% of the time, with some Departments as low as 13%. ( fact check? I think i read something like that about NYPD).

Q. What if you shoot the wrong person?

A. Civilians shoot the wrong person much less often than Police officers do. The liabilities for civilians are much higher.

Q. But there is so much violence perpetrated with guns and assault rifles in particular.

A. There's only been 2 cases of shootings with assault rifles in the last 50 years. Only one case was a legally owned assault rifle by a civilian (fact check?)

Assault rifles have fully automatic capability. The rifles you are referring to are not assault rifles. And again, the number of shootings performed with a legally acquired rifle is minuscule.

Q. But wouldn't just saving one life be worth it?

A. Not at the expense at the tens of thousands of lives lost every year by disarming the population.

Q.There are tens of thousands of homicides by guns every year, wouldn't this stop it?

A. Not tens of thousands. On average, about 8k a year in the past 5 years. The huge majority of these shootings were perpetrated with illegally obtained guns. There are laws against that already.

Q. But legally armed people never stopped any crime.

A. Legally armed citizens stop hundreds of thousands of crimes every year (fact check?). They do not get reported in the media.

Q. You're more at risk to be shot with your own gun if you own one.

A. That's bullshit. There are 300 million legally owned guns in private hands in the US. The chance of being shot with an illegally acquired gun are massively higher than being shot with a legally acquired gun, such as your own. Same applies if you don't own a gun.

Q. But guns are scary, why don't you just want the Government to protect us?

A1. Part of being a responsible grown up is having to provide for yourself. That applies to personal protection too. Do you want the Government to pay for your house, food, clothes and raise your children too?

A2. Police officers do not have a duty to protect you.

Q. But it is written on Police cars: 'To serve and protect'.

A. Police officers do not have a duty to protect you. Supreme court ruling.

Corrections, facts, ideas? Please add to this.

Last edited:
I think the best answer for the first 2 is the fact that criminals don't use muskets, they use the best available military technology against law abiding citizens.

Q. But guns are scary.....

The answer you get may actually not be the one one would hope for. Some of these idiots do want the gov to do everything for them.

Back
Top Bottom