• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Military ID?

So given the above . . . what do you think the chances are of some random Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Airman would be given permission to carry any weapon around MA? Somewhere between none and damn slim in my book.

There were military personnel present in Boston last July.

They were helping provide security for the Boston Pops / fireworks concert on July 4th.

I believe they were armed with side arms.

Sorry, I can't tell you if they were national guard, army, marines... I don't remember.

Last edited:
Military

There were military personnel present in Boston last July.

They were helping provide security for the Boston Pops / fireworks concert on July 4th.

I believe they were armed with side arms.

Sorry, I can't tell you if they were national guard, army, marines... I don't remember.
National Guard. I don`t know if they were issued ammo.

At the risk of bringing the SFC's wrath down upon a lowly Cadidiot (and a puddle pirate at that), I think the CAC does designate active/reserve status. Mine says "Academy," and I seem to recall seeing "Reserve" ones while standing gate guard for Eagle over Swab Summer. I'm pretty sure the active duty ones say it as well.

At the risk of bringing the SFC's wrath down upon a lowly Cadidiot (and a puddle pirate at that), I think the CAC does designate active/reserve status. Mine says "Academy," and I seem to recall seeing "Reserve" ones while standing gate guard for Eagle over Swab Summer. I'm pretty sure the active duty ones say it as well.

When I attended Annapolis between 1984 and 1988 we were given green ID cards that bore the script USN and ACTIVE on it and were indistinguishable from what any non-rate, PO, CPO, or commissioned officer on AD would have.

Military ID

I am in the Mass. National Guard. My ID says E-7, SFC, United States Army. There is no differance between Active and Reserve Forces as far as ID cards anymore.

I am in the Mass. National Guard. My ID says E-7, SFC, United States Army. There is no differance between Active and Reserve Forces as far as ID cards anymore.

But... but... they told me that the Guard was the militia, not the Army! [wink]

My Navy ID (issued less than an hour ago) says Reserve on it. Although I'm actually active for the next month or so.

My Navy ID (issued less than an hour ago) says Reserve on it. Although I'm actually active for the next month or so.

I haven't seen an ID that said "Active" or "Reserve" in quite some time. All those that I've seen look exactly the same. I wonder if this is up to the individual issuing station.

Yeah, they gave me what he referred to as "the old school green one" - and one of the other guys who was in there who was having a hell of a time getting his CAC card to work noted that he'd rather have the old ones back.

Back
Top Bottom