• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Military History Expo

Orange Airport is the setting once again for one of the largest gatherings of military vehicles and equipment in Massachusetts.
purplenpuck.jpg
What is Military History Expo all about?

An educational experience showcasing technology throughout military history. This interactive event features living historians presenting vehicles and equipment displays, demonstrations of hardware, and battle reenactments.

Tickets are on sale now https://www.eventbrite.com/e/massachusetts-military-history-expo-tickets-32456463155?aff=es2

Massachusetts Military History Expo
May 20 and 21 2017
Orange Municipal Airport (KORE)
For more information visit our website
History-expo.com

I went to one similar to this last year with my son. We loved the reenactments and had a blast.

This one seems even bigger so now I am tempted.

Its a great event, I took my Half track last year, plan on taking it again but with the Quad 50 mounted in by then.

The replica Tiger Tank was there from the guys in NJ as well as plenty of flame thrower demo's including the Sherman spitting out flames.

I loved it last year and this year is going to be even better... Don't be surprised if you see me working the main gate again this year.... Just need to keep myself from buying a m1 carbine just for this. ..

I let kids on the Half Track and gave some rides, just be polite and ask first. It make a good photo op and FB posts for bragging rights on at school the following week ;)

Thanks. Took my son and daughter (13 and 11) to the International World War II Museum in Natick and my daughter esp was disappointed she couldn't climb on/in the tank. Might be able to sell going to this one.

Thanks. Took my son and daughter (13 and 11) to the International World War II Museum in Natick and my daughter esp was disappointed she couldn't climb on/in the tank. Might be able to sell going to this one.

If it is half as good as last year (and I expect it to be twice as good) everyone will love it. Just bring earmuffs for the kids, just in case. It can get a little loud...

I loved it last year and this year is going to be even better... Don't be surprised if you see me working the main gate again this year.... Just need to keep myself from buying a m1 carbine just for this. ..
Whole new setup this year. Ill need you're help inside the wire if you're still interested?

- - - Updated - - -

Random question...any of the equipment available for kids to "climb on"?
Aloha
That depends on the vehicle owner.

Whole new setup this year. Ill need you're help inside the wire if you're still interested?

- - - Updated - - -

That depends on the vehicle owner.

I'm interested in anything you want me to do. I'm planning on staying all weekend again (maybe even Fri night if I can talk the wife into it). I just need to remember to grab a shirt early :)

You get extra points for flying in a biplane or a P51 Mustang.

sent from my chimney using smoke signals

(Wisecrack alert! I do not speak for the organizers.)

I don't have anything like that - just a Cessna. Seems like it would be a great place to bring my Land Rover, but there is zero chance I'll get the wife and kid in it for that long of a drive.

You get extra points for flying in a biplane or a P51 Mustang.

sent from my chimney using smoke signals

(Wisecrack alert! I do not speak for the organizers.)
Interesting sidenote: We have several biplanes, an a possible P51 coming in.(subject to weather and other factors)

Well behaved dogs are welcomed

I guess that leaves my dog out [thinking]

Hey, did they ever find the owner of the dog that ran across the airfield? (not mine! I assume a neighbor's pooch got loose and crawled under the fence)

Interesting sidenote: We have several biplanes, and a possible P51 coming in.(subject to weather and other factors)

I'd love to see a P-51 up close.

Airport is open, we will shuttle you to the site. Also, If you are flying in there will be a fuel discount.

- - - Updated - - -

Well behaved dogs are welcomed

Maybe I'll drive the Land Rover and see if the wife wants to fly in with the baby.

Attachments

• IMG_20161108_134023295.jpg
    IMG_20161108_134023295.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom