Military convoy traffic accident - civilian death resulting

TZCHRIS

NES Member
Lets say you were driving in a military convoy and there was an accident on civilian roadway resulting in civilian death. If the driver of the military vehicle was cited by LEO for failure to yield can that result in any other liability issues? Because it was military convoy is that driver personally protected from liability and does it all fall on the military?

Lets say you were driving in a military convoy and there was an accident on civilian roadway resulting in civilian death. If the driver of the military vehicle was cited by LEO for failure to yield can that result in any other liability issues? Because it was military convoy is that driver personally protected from liability and does it all fall on the military?
Like Postal vehicles I believe military vehicles have the right of way.

You should probably contact a lawyer.
Not me. Just trying to help with any advice I can.

Military made a settlement to family but State cited driver in convoy (M984A wrecker) for failing to yield. The concern is if the ticket is paid does that admit guilt and open a new can of worms.

JAG has not been helpful, I did suggest consulting a private lawyer.

He should take it to court and try to get out of it on that basis. See what they say at least. I think paying it outright is essentially an admission of guilt. No idea what the settlement agreement said.

Like Postal vehicles I believe military vehicles have the right of way.
But they are not above the law, you cant do 90 MPH just because the mail has to get there. And any driving infraction does in fact go against their state issued drivers license.

Does military "driving infraction" go against military license or state issued drivers license?

But they are not above the law, you cant do 90 MPH just because the mail has to get there. And any driving infraction does in fact go against their state issued drivers license.

Does military "driving infraction" go against military license or state issued drivers license?
That wasn't the circumstances given.

Not me. Just trying to help with any advice I can.

Military made a settlement to family but State cited driver in convoy (M984A wrecker) for failing to yield. The concern is if the ticket is paid does that admit guilt and open a new can of worms.

JAG has not been helpful, I did suggest consulting a private lawyer.

When I drove one of those (M936A2) , wrecker was always at the end of the convoy.
And convoy's never stopped. Rolled through everything, and with a purpose.
Sounds to me like someone tried to cut into a convoy.
I think theres more going on.

When I drove one of those (M936A2) , wrecker was always at the end of the convoy.
And convoy's never stopped. Rolled through everything, and with a purpose.
Sounds to me like someone tried to cut into a convoy.
I think theres more going on.
Convoy was crossing major road, speed limit on that road was 75 MPH, car swerved and T boned wrecker, off duty cop (witness) said car was at fault but state still issued ticket for "failure to yield" to driver of wrecker.

Back
Top Bottom