Military Cadence song source, stores, or links?

Matt_SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
This was from the small thread that I can't find: https://www.cduniverse.com/sresult.asp?HT_Search=ALL&HT_Search_Info=air+force+cadence&style=music

To all the Veterans who have run in formation do you know of a source for quality sounding cadence and songs. A few years ago there was a short thread I can't find. I was hoping with all the new members there may be more resources.

With the cooler weather I need to get outside, or on a tread mill, and put some miles on some shoes. I am not looking for raunch but good military humor will not be passed over.

I have a small IPod from the 90's that I will put the songs on once I learn how.

If you have a link like the one above, a CD I can borrow or files you could send me I, and my family, would appreciate it.

I would greatly appreciate any leads, links or sources. I do not have access to bases or posts. I NEED to drop weight

[cheers]

Matt

Last edited:
Try some of the post stores. AAFEES sometimes has some cds of cadences. Then burn them and transfer to iPod. Most have websites or at least fall under the aafees website. Maybe ranger joes as well. Amazon could be an option

do you need to LISTEN to the cadence as you're running, or do you want to be able to perform the cadence for it's intended purpose...keep you breathing! if the latter, youtube is a good source...just type in a search for branch of service and the word cadence and you should come up with a few to get you started. you just reminded me I'm going to have to do this myself today and through next week to get ready for my units annual 'lighthouse run'...5 miles of hills, stairs, burpees on the beach and best of all...yelling and screaming at junior Marines :D

Thanks Gents. Yes I assumed your sex. lol

Try some of the post stores. AAFEES sometimes has some cds of cadences. Then burn them and transfer to iPod. Most have websites or at least fall under the aafees website. Maybe ranger joes as well. Amazon could be an option

I don't have access to bases or AAFES.
ETA: it was pointed out that all honorably discharged vets will have online access to AAFES on line next month.

do you need to LISTEN to the cadence as you're running, or do you want to be able to perform the cadence for it's intended purpose...keep you breathing! if the latter, youtube is a good source...just type in a search for branch of service and the word cadence and you should come up with a few to get you started. you just reminded me I'm going to have to do this myself today and through next week to get ready for my units annual 'lighthouse run'...5 miles of hills, stairs, burpees on the beach and best of all...yelling and screaming at junior Marines :D

Funny and good question. I won't be singing them out loud. Mostly something to listen to, that isn't Pop music and helps pass the time. The cadence may help me keep track of my snails pace.

Have you searched for "Cadence" on YouTube? Quick search shows a lot of them. Once you find the ones you like use a site such as https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/mp3-converter to convert it to MP3 for you.

I saw the youtube videos I just didn't know how to convert to be able to use them on an ipad.

Keep posting if anyone knows of a dedicated source for such things.

Matt

and ftr, i found 'singing' them at a low volume even helps with breathing. the rhythm will certainly help you keep some sort pace, but they really are meant to help you keep breathing. i usually result to cadence if i start getting those cramps under my rib cage and know i just need more oxygen. i keep the volume VERY low because I live in residential Worcester in a neighborhood primarily occupied by students...not looking for anyone to start throwing eggs at me while i'm trying to get in some PT.

I old, but I like to listen to stuff like this when I’m running.

and no, I’m not a green beret.

in my time, you put in for duty, and they sent you were they needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread made me youtube a cadence we used to sing in A school and I came across the RTC cadence, man did that flash back some memories.

I still sing cadence while walking around the house (I was the US Military's WORST runner, however, but now that I'm out I still like the songs). I try to make it cleaner than what I used to run to, for the sake of my kids.
One day in church, I asked a woman a question. She answered "I don't know" - my daughter (7 at the time) chimed in with "But I've been told", and my son (4) called out "Eskimo (my heart stopped) kisses are mighty cold". No one understood the HUGE sigh of relief.

I still sing cadence while walking around the house (I was the US Military's WORST runner, however, but now that I'm out I still like the songs). I try to make it cleaner than what I used to run to, for the sake of my kids.
One day in church, I asked a woman a question. She answered "I don't know" - my daughter (7 at the time) chimed in with "But I've been told", and my son (4) called out "Eskimo (my heart stopped) kisses are mighty cold". No one understood the HUGE sigh of relief.

They changed that other word for kitty to kisses.[wink][laugh]

Back
Top Bottom