• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Military Blades

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
Show us what "served" you when you Served All of Us!

the-best-tactical-knives-1.jpg

Gerber MARK II, Circa 1985

1FEB31C6-E09C-416E-9D41-3D05119F3B56.jpeg My grandma bought me this when I was a cadet. I wasn’t a Marine, but she was, so it’s all good. Nobody in the Army ever gave me shit about it, either.

That’s some honest road wear. Four countries, thousands of miles, and 27 jumps.

It’s retired now. 1994-2001.

Semper Fi for your Grandma. She knows her steel.
I can only imagine how many c-rats you opened with that...
Great story! Thanks,
~Matt

this knife belonged to the father of one of my closest friends. the story was that it was made during wwII and some or all of the handle pieces were from the windshield of a B52 bomber. it was in rough shape so I shipped the knife to a knifemaker who made the silver pieces and finished the handle nicely. when my friend passed away the widow gave me the knife. it will stay in my collection.

al 1.jpg

Yep. That blade has a story. I wonder what those latitudinal lines on the blade were from/for?

do any of you have a fallchirmjager gravity knife in the collection? if you were so inclined, I've love to see photos.

this knife belonged to the father of one of my closest friends. the story was that it was made during wwII and some or all of the handle pieces were from the windshield of a B52 bomber. it was in rough shape so I shipped the knife to a knifemaker who made the silver pieces and finished the handle nicely. when my friend passed away the widow gave me the knife. it will stay in my collection.

View attachment 223241

I’m betting the story was B-25, the B-52 contract wasn’t awarded until after the war. Cool knife regardless, and far more history and significance than any of mine!

do any of you have a fallchirmjager gravity knife in the collection? if you were so inclined, I've love to see photos.

I remember you could find unissued West German Army gravity knives for $30-$40 twenty years ago. I would love to see these as well.

Here's a bring back from 1945, issued to him in 1939. The nasty looking stuff is not rust but old grease. I also still have his 1939 Colt Blued 1911A1.

Attachments

• kbar1.jpg
    kbar1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Kbar2.jpg
    Kbar2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 25
  • kbar3.jpg
    kbar3.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 25
  • kbar4.jpg
    kbar4.jpg