Military Aircraft Threatened By Flashlights & Garden Rake

Great, we just showed the Taliban how to down navy jets. Just wave rakes with flashlights on them...
FluidAshamedAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam-size_restricted.gif
RI9pjw2.gif

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand what the rake did that she couldn't accomplish by just holding the flashlight in her hand.

Longer sight radius to assist at aiming?

I wonder what sort of flashlight she used? Like, how many lumens does it take to down our military? 400? Or up our game with come special-order Cree bulbs?

I'm trying to understand what the rake did that she couldn't accomplish by just holding the flashlight in her hand.

Longer sight radius to assist at aiming?

I wonder what sort of flashlight she used? Like, how many lumens does it take to down our military? 400? Or up our game with come special-order Cree bulbs?

Right.

COmmon sense would say that she was investigated because she was pointing a suspicious object at he passing planes, and that object just ended up being a rake and flashlights.

This seems like it's a waste of resources.

I certainly understand why lasers are bad, but a flashlight? How close could she have been? Inverse square law and all that. How could it have been more than a flash on the ground unless they fly over her house at 300 feet...

I certainly understand why lasers are bad, but a flashlight? How close could she have been? Inverse square law and all that. How could it have been more than a flash on the ground unless they fly over her house at 300 feet...

Article says she lives nearby to the airfield.I would have to guess this involves low-flying aircraft, possibly in the process of trying to take off and/or land.

My daughter was just 4 when we lived in Great Bridge just 5mi West of Fentress. We'd park and watch the Navy pilots do touch and go landings on the airstrip. I told her to point at the ones she didn't want to land - she'd point at them and they'd touch and go again. She thought she had awesome power. Little did I know we we committing felonies...

I remember many Yrs. ago at NAS MIramar some idiots were aiming sticks like they were rifles at the Tomcats in the landing circuit,, made the pilots very uneasy. Kearny Vila road became very intensely patroled by SDPD since base security authority ended at the boundary fence. Way too many stupid people out there, then and now.

Back
Top Bottom