• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Milford NH School Board and State Preemption

Maybe - but such policy would be in violation of State Law, wouldn't it...

I'm not sure. It might be like an employee policy prohibiting firearms, like "no Board member can carry" or something like that. It would be like telling people that work at the DMV they couldn't carry, but not being able to prohibit carry at the DMV. Kind of gets foggy pretty fast.

The relevant law isn't RSA 159, it's RSA 193.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xv/193-d/193-d-mrg.htm

193-D:2 State Board Rulemaking Authority; Public School District Policies. –
I. The state board of education shall adopt rules relative to safe school zones, under RSA 541-A, for public school pupils and public school employees regarding:
(a) Disciplinary proceedings, including procedures assuring due process.
(b)(1) Standards and procedures for suspension and expulsion of pupils, including procedures assuring due process.
(2) Standards and procedures which shall require expulsion of a pupil for knowingly possessing a firearm in a safe school zone without written authorization from the superintendent or designee.

Last edited:
"Openly carrying an M-4 down a hallway..."

Right. An M-4. An NFA and FOPA restricted select-fire rifle.

Talk about a solution in search of a problem.

Milford can be... odd... when it comes to schools and firearms.

A few years back there was a yuuuuge hullabaloo over a member of the US Olympic Rifle Team bringing her rifle into school to give a talk. Seriously. An actual me her of the Olympic team, with an Olympic target rifle. Ever see one of those? It barely qualifies for the category "gun" in my book.

But it was Armageddon in Milford.

Like I said: odd.

Back
Top Bottom