• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mil Spec Build

Well, I got board the other day so I decided to do some more hand work on my Mil Spec. I have owned this one for quite a few years, it is my first 1911 and I love it. I had the SA magwell on it and decided I didn't like how much it came to a sharp angle on the back of the grip so I hacked that and blended it to the inside. Not sure if I posted it before but I flushed and countersunk the slide stop pin and broke all the sharp angles on the slide and frame. I just had the slide cut to Novak and installed the 10-8 rear sight. The barrel is an old accumatch that was a comp barrel but I had it cut and Larocca just recrowned it. The hammer is a Caspian Ring, I ordered two with my last build and installed the extra on this one. The grips are the original wood but I am awaiting a set of VZ Double diamonds in black with the flat bottom. This gun shoots great, 3" at 25yrds offhand 5 rnds, but im sure it I benched it would shoot better.

Here are some pics of my not so handywork.

millspecwork007.jpg

millspecwork004.jpg

millspecwork005.jpg

millspecwork006.jpg

millspecwork003.jpg

millspecwork002.jpg

I know how you guys like pics so I hope you enjoyed them.

Semper Fi
1*

Back
Top Bottom