• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mike Briggs at NE Tactical

rcm

I had the pleasure of a private 3 hour instructional shooting session with Mike Briggs of New England Tactical on friday. I have been thinking about shooting an IDPA match but, wanted to become fimiliar with what it all entailed. I did not want to show up at a match completely green. I will be going back to catch up with Mike to qualify for IDPA.

Mike and NE Tactical have ongoing training just for this. Long story short, Mike went over the basics with me and it was awesome.

I shot two courses of fire one of which was very challenging. In and out of two rooms with a reload under cover and two more engagements going down a hallway. I picked up some great basic skills that will help me down the road w/o question.

Just wanted to share cause I had some fun.

BTW, I did this at the Pioneer Sportsmans Club outside of Bow, NH. Nice club.

Thanks for sharing. It's great to have reviews of these classes.

Can you share some more specifics of the class? (particular skills covered/emphasized?).

Thanks,
Matt

As I said we started with abosolute basics. Some of this would be redundent stuff to experienced shooters. But, he looks at grip, stance, site picture and so on.

Mike was able to calm down my shooting so, that I was no quicker maybe but more accurate. My groups got smaller based on grip and on a better squeeze of the trigger.

Once I ran stages, we could work on my weakness during the move and shoot portion. Reminding me that although my time goes up, my shots do not cost me points by keeping things closer to center mass or 0 in IDPA.

It really was all about what I was doing right and wrong. This was really centered at my problems because it was a private lesson.

I would suggest him as an excellent instructor if you want to improve any part of your combat shooting.

Back
Top Bottom