Mika Pocket Holster - Great Product & Customer Service

yanici

NES Member
I ordered a Mika holster on Oct. 8th and received it yesterday, Jan. 26th. There is a wait, but it's worth it.

I had mistakenly ordered the wrong model and phoned Robert Mika to make the change in the order. I followed up with an email to be sure the change order went through. Well, I got the holster yesterday and it was the wrong one. I immediately called Mika and he returned my call within an hour. He told me to keep the holster and he would send the correct model out for free.

Now I'm thinking it will be at least 12 weeks to get the correct one. Nope. He moved me to the top of the waiting list and the thing is already in the mail. The USPS has sent the confirmation.

BTW, I tried out the one he sent. Excellent, snag free draw, and holster stays put like it should.[grin]

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/index.html

You can't do much better than dealing with Robert Mika. He's a class gentleman, and makes a great product.

I've seen him give away for free more holsters than some people ever sell.

When I told him he was being TOO NICE, he told me to mind my business, and he'd run his the way he felt was right. A very nice man.

You can't do much better than dealing with Robert Mika. He's a class gentleman, and makes a great product.

I've seen him give away for free more holsters than some people ever sell.

When I told him he was being TOO NICE, he told me to mind my business, and he'd run his the way he felt was right. A very nice man.

Just a stellar guy who hand makes a functional product...Robert is top shelf!

I ordered mine in December and can't wait to get it. And when he called the confirm my order, he left his personal cell phone number and told me to call 24/7/365 if there were any issues.

I'll only be happier when I actually have the holster in my hands.

He a great guy. He a retired Los Angelos police officer who went to a small farm town and became the Chief of Police. In fact I think he's the only one in the police dept. there.

He told me he had all sorts of time because it was so peacefull there.

A cuppla years ago, I ordered a round bottom holster. He sent a square bottom version. I let him know about it and he told me to keep the one I got and he sent me another almost immediately.

He's a great guy to do business with.

A cuppla years ago, I ordered a round bottom holster. He sent a square bottom version. I let him know about it and he told me to keep the one I got and he sent me another almost immediately.

I forgot to mention that too. I ordered an open bottom, with thumb strap for my 442. He sent an closed bottom, no thumb strap and when I emailed him he said to keep both and if I were inclined to, pass the one I didn't want along. Ironically, I ended up liking the closed bottom more and when I needed a holster for my 6906, that's what I ordered. I'm looking for a couple of magazine holders for that, and I think I'll just order them from him.

Just wondering, why do you prefer the round bottom? I ordered the square bottom because I think it will sit better in a cargo pocket.

Nice - if he's working on Octobers orders now, my order from November is getting close to the top!!!

[dance]

Can't wait - although I need to order another one for a recent acquisition.

If you want a Mika holster you're going to wait a while for delivery. Mine took about eight weeks, but, I have to admit, was WELL worth the wait. Top notch guy to deal with too.

I like the square bottom Mika with square cut pockets, especially if they are roomy. The round bottom holster will shift in a square cut large pocket.

Funny, the first time I ordered Mika Holsters, the wait was 7 days, and Robert thought he was taking too long.

I'm glad he's that busy. Couldn't happen to a better guy.

I like the square bottom Mika with square cut pockets, especially if they are roomy. The round bottom holster will shift in a square cut large pocket.

Funny, the first time I ordered Mika Holsters, the wait was 7 days, and Robert thought he was taking too long.

I'm glad he's that busy. Couldn't happen to a better guy.

I ordered some magazine holster on line yesterday. Within an hour Mika called to confirm the order and let me know that there is a back log. Apparently there was an article about him in a recent American Handgunner and he's been straight out ever since. He mentioned that he has hired one person to help with production.

I'm glad he's that busy too, he's a top notch guy and makes top notch products.

Just an update. I got the wrong holster on Monday and after calling him he sent out the right one, free. The correct holster came on Thursday. Only a 3 day wait. Not bad, huh?

He's gotta raise his prices. He certainly deserves to be paid more. I'm gonna send in some dough to cover the free holster that he sent me because I decided that I can really use the mistake one after all.

Nice to hear he got some help on board. He was definately swamped with work.

How well does the Mika prevent printing with jeans? I have a PM9 and would like a better pocket holster for it.

Also, does anyone have an extra that would fit the PM9 and would like to sell?

The material is stiff enough that it'll just look like you have a wallet or something in there, it certainly won't look like a gun (unless, obviously, you know that one is there)

Back
Top Bottom