• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MidwayUSA for reloading equipment

I just finished reading an introductory book for reloading as well as several months of reading online. I'm getting ready to purchase reloading equipment and wanted to know if anyone has any buying experience with MidwayUSA. I bought a mag years ago from them but nothing major, but now I'd be looking to spend a lot more money and on many different components. They seem to have a huge selection and I always see Larry on the Sportsmans/Outdoor channel. Any feedback you could give me would be great.

I order from them often and have always had a great experience. If you live in MA you can order all the tools and dies but you cannot order any bullets, powder, or any other ammunition components.

you can take a look at natchez, it looked like they had lower prices, even than midway and I got a shipping free by borrowing a code from the catalog from a guy.

Midsouth is another good source. Usually less expensive.

You do need to know that if you order something that is out of stock they will hold your order till all items are in stock. sometimes it's a loooong wait.

Good luck with your new venture and don't be affraid to ask questions.
DOWNWIND

Midway has been great with me, I ordered my press and all the extras from them. Their customer service is second to none in my experience and I will continue to use them based on how well they treat their customers.

Midway has decent stuff, but won't ship a Master Catalog unless you jump through 12 hoops when you order online. I didn't get one, (a catalog), with a recent order, and when I called to get one, they wanted me to PAY for the shipping. Apparently they are in another country other than the one Obama is presently destroying.
Midsouth has been by supplier of choice, and will continue to be.

I've used all the companies mentioned and all are fine. Midway is decent and has good support. Natchez Shooting Supplies has some good ammo sales, since you live in NH they will ship to you. They also usually beat the prices of the other catalogs. They won't ship ammo or components to MA though. Their shipping prices tend to be a tad high. Midsouth and Grafs are also great companies to deal with for tools.

If you are near Concord take a ride to Hooksett and visit Riley's. Skip's Gun & Sports Shop in Bristol is good too.

Midway sends me a master catalog every year without even asking. So does Midsouth.

Master catalogs are VERY expensive to produce. Usually the companies only send one out when you achieve a certain level of sales.

I just received one of the very very expensive hard cover Cabelas anniversary catalogs, without asking.

Damn, wish they weren't so close. It's easy to spend money there.

Have a C&R account with midway and order most of my reloading stuff (except brass etc as noted in an earlier post) and build components from them.... They ship fast and are quick to credit returns....

I have used all suppliers mentioned, I tend to go to midway more than most
1. They tend to have all of what I want in stock
2. They are fast on shipping
3. C&R discount id pretty good on most things
4. They give you a birthday discount also.
Shipping is not terrible, yes 4.95 shipping is good but when they dont have 4 out of 6 items whats the point.
If I need to get out and find things locally( very hard to do) I will spend more money on gas and food driveing around from place to place than shipping charges.

Back
Top Bottom