• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Midway USA - no thanks

So I'm in the market to purchase the Wheeler 72 piece gunsmith screwdriver set. I've never ordered from Midway USA, so I figure I'll check their prices out. They are almost **20%** more expensive then other places for the same thing! Midway wants $65, the other places all want $54. I call them up to see if they will match the prices, and they said nope.

I start looking at other stuff on the Midway site, and they are like full retail price on everything! I couldn't believe how expensive they are.

Why would anyone pay full retail price only to have to pay shipping on top of that?

So, are there any store owners in MA reading this that can get this set for me at a decent price?

Well, if you had a C&R FFL or are LE, Midway sells that (item 223-597) for $47.49 (+ shipping), assuming that the AG will allow htem to ship such sharp, pointed objects to inmates of MA!

I'll only order supplies from Midway that happen to be on sale that month. I'm pretty sure they had that screwdriver set on sale about 4 or 5 months ago. Get on their mailing list and keep your eyes peeled for the deals that come a long.

Yup, everything that I've bought from them has been cheaper than anywhere else I could find. They do have my C&R.

Bingo!

The C&R FFL is worth it just for this sort of thing. You will easily save the $30 many times over buying supplies and tools from Brownells and Midway.

I don't have a C&R and my research rarely finds anything cheaper than Midway and their customer service is outstanding. I'd like to know where you're finding these products 20% cheaper.

As Len and others have said, a C&R is the way to go. I've bought a fair amount of stuff from Midway and have been very pleased with both the selection and the prices.

If you are going to do even casual collecting and maintenance of your own armory, a C&R is the gift that keeps on giving.

Gary

I've ordered some things from them too and I've always got it faster than what they said. Nice folks on the phone too. I called with a question about my percusion double barrell and the woman went and got someone who could answer my question. IIRC, it was less than what Kittery wanted for the part I needed.

Shadow...I recently ordered quite a few things from Midway and saved about $300 with my C&R through them!...That $30 for the C&R has already paid for itself 10x over!

Well, Midway isn't just good for C&R's, I'll tell you that. They're one of our primary suppliers, though we buy brass, primers and bullets mostly from other sources. Reloading equipment, gun parts and accessories, they're about the best.

I have always been very happy with my dealings with Midway.
I've bought a ton of tools from them along with a bunch of Mauser stuff.
The C&R really does make a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom