Middlesex Sheriff commits suicide

While technically so, the ones I have known in the counties I have lived in had no more ambition than to be true servants of the people and do their duty in nothing more than an honorable and constitutional way.

Like this guy:

jones200.jpg

A sheriff in Massachusetts isn't really a law enforcement officer. They run a portion of the corrections facilities and don't do any significant police work. The sheriff is a county level position and like the rest of anything country related in Mass, should be deprecated.

I'm sorry for his family and friends. I suspect that the pension kerfluffle was the least of his troubles. I had heard unsubstantiated rumors from a Middlesex County Sheriffs employee that there was quite a bit of graft going on. This was some years ago. People who cross that line often get more greedy and careless as time goes on.

MiddlesexSheriffSpecOps.jpg

66488312.afBrayL6.MiddlesexCountySheriffSpecialOperations.jpg

MiddlesexCOSheriffCP.jpg

539w.jpg

Not necessarily. MANY years ago insurance policies had a clause that nullified benefits if the person committed suicide within x years (I think x = 3 IIRC). Otherwise it paid off. I'm sure today that "x" has changed, but his Family may be covered.

"x" for my policy, which I took out last year, was 2.

Sorry to hear anyone taking thier own life. It does effect all his friends and family deeply and at a time of the year when most families are beginning to look forward to getting together and celebrating life and family. It really too bad it happened this way, but its not our place to judge anyone else. Whether we think he was a crook or a great guy or if he gave a hand when needed. If he was under investigation, it was not proven that he did anything wrong, so lets just remember that. Sometimes we sound like a linch mob. We all have some kind of ghosts in our closets. Don't sweep too hard, one might jump out.

Back
Top Bottom