• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Middleboro Gun Store

thesyguy

NES Member
I stopped by this store today as I was in the area. What a friendly and easygoing place. There was good conversation and true customer service. I picked up a spare magazine for my wife's BG380 and a few ammo storage boxes. They have a good selection of long guns and 15-20 handguns. Lots of reloading supplies and long gun ammo.

If your in the area I recommend stopping by and poking around. Just the conversation will be worth it if nothing else.

C and F is great. They do have a good selection of long guns. And always fun to pop in and b.s for a while.

I stopped by this store today as I was in the area. What a friendly and easygoing place. There was good conversation and true customer service. I picked up a spare magazine for my wife's BG380 and a few ammo storage boxes. They have a good selection of long guns and 15-20 handguns. Lots of reloading supplies and long gun ammo.

If your in the area I recommend stopping by and poking around. Just the conversation will be worth it if nothing else.

Was it Middleboro Gun Shop or C&F Guns?

The last time I was in there the I thought the owner was more friendly. On a related note rumor has it there will soon be a new shop opening in New Bedford. I have not seen anything posted here and don't want to steal the owners thunder so I won't say more except that he is an NES member and one of the good guys.

Been there twice will never go back. If it has changed hands and is a good shop I highly recommended the new owner change the name.

Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

I dunno my buddy just bought his first gun there, a SW MP 9mm. He asked for a box of ammo to go with it. Got home and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't chamber. I told him to look at the box. Yup.....kinda hard to put .40 into a 9mm.....

I have to agree! I have always found them to be rather rude and elitist. If things have changed though that's excellent! Maybe they realized they are actually there to sell stuff. They are very local to me and am glad to hear the positive review. Might be worth another try

I have to agree. The first few times I went in the owner was downright rude at times. Hell, I was even ignored completely once. I gave them another chance and customer service has made a 180. Maybe he read the horrible reviews and decided he needed to do something. Gun prices are still pretty high but the reloading supplies seems to be pretty well stocked (that's why I shop there). So I concur, the attitude seems to have changed a bit.

It will take a LOT more good reviews to get me back into that store again. There are enough shops with good service that I can give my business to.

i've had some luck there. he's been good to me, and i used to find some deals. my main gripe is how over priced he is.
universal clays was $29 after sales tax. thats ugly.
he can be a bit short with people, but is always pretty good to me. i just can't justify buying stuff there at his prices

The idiot that runs that place should go to 4 seasons to see how its done. I live 5 miles from the place and wont do business there.

The last time I was in there the I thought the owner was more friendly. On a related note rumor has it there will soon be a new shop opening in New Bedford. I have not seen anything posted here and don't want to steal the owners thunder so I won't say more except that he is an NES member and one of the good guys.

Flint is going to open a store in Freetown. they also have a store in Fallriver.

Now that's an a-hole move. Did he refund your money?

No, I got rid of them and didn't even ask for a refund. I showed up at his shop and told him what an a$$hole he is in front of everyone in the store. Now i just tell everyone that asks that he will gladly make you a felon to make 50 bucks. DB of epic proportions

There are 2 other shops within 10 minutes of the M'bro shop. C&F and Outback. I've bought stuff at all three and never had any negative issues with any of them. My self personally, I like Outback with Gene and his brother (sorry, man forgot your name).

RE: Middleboro, a friend of mine took his LTC course there and lost his certificate a week later. Charged him $50 to replace the certificate.

Also RE: Middleboro, I always pay cash for shooting related items. Had some merchandise on the counter that I was buying and saw some Power Pistol on the shelf so I grabbed that too and asked him to sub-total it. I was 8 bucks short on cash so I was going to put the powder back on the shelf. He says forget about the 8 bucks, close enough. That was more than decent of him. I did return to the shop the following week and gave him half a brick of magnum primers that I wasn't going to use that I'd bought somewhere else thinking I was buying reg primers and gave them to him for him to give to one of his regular customers. So everybody was happy.

When I was there the other day I was looking for a mag sleeve to cover the spare mag I keep in my pocket. Although he did not have one he had an idea about modifying a pocket holster to make one. It was a good idea and when I said I would buy it for $14.95, he handed it to me and said Merry Christmas. I know others have had a bad experience, but I cannot say the same.

Stopped in this weekend just to check it out. Very friendly and didn't mind just shooting the breeze for a bit even though he knew I wasn't buying at the time. I would definitely stop in again to spend a few bucks.

Was there this past weekend and purchased a S&W Governor that wifey wanted. The owner, the older gentlemen, was very helpful as I looked through some of the used stuff before taking the S&W... His prices can be a little on the high side, but he did have stock and folks were buying so I guess capitalism seems to be working. No complaints here.

Went there this past week. Couldn't believe powder was $34lb. I've seen powder everywhere else for $10 less. I didn't buy any that's for sure. Also saw spray shell lube that was $6.95 a week or two ago now is $10+. Something wrong there and walked out not buying anything. Just my observations this past week.

Back
Top Bottom