• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Middle school field trip to....Shooting Range???

jtnf, A Colorado middle school took kids to a gun range for a field trip...let them shoot, taught gun safety and basically ruined the intentions of future educators to teach them guns are evil. Maybe this link will work for you.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/color...ing-range-practice-live-fire-with-appleseed/#

Cool on them, and cool on you for the link.
Since I'm the firewall guy, I wonder if my bosses boss would approve the change control to whitelist liveleak? [smile]

My sons have invited several teachers to the range, as well as a few kids. No teachers on the "taker" list, and only a couple of kids.

But, IMO, it's important to make the offer.

That's pretty sad. You'd think a teacher who was actually interested in his/her students would want to see what a student is up to, particularly if the student has been successful at it.

Maybe recommend a field trip! lol

My middle school had a gun range under the gym. We used to shoot .22 rifles there. In MA. Of course, that was the late 1970s.
My high school (Central Catholic High School in Lawrence, MA) had a rod and gun club in the early to mid 1970s. Our physics teacher, a Marist brother, was a licensed gun owner (taught and competed in small bore rifle) and a licensed HAM radio operator. He moderated the rod and gun club and the Amateur Radio club. Sadly, those days are long gone and unlikely to ever return.

The kids got educated on safety and firearms handling. No difference than learning about farm animals at a farm. Petting them, milking and feeding them. It's all good. Love to see that here in MA.

That's pretty sad. You'd think a teacher who was actually interested in his/her students would want to see what a student is up to, particularly if the student has been successful at it.

Maybe recommend a field trip! lol

Well, they all know what they're up to - the younger is a Trap shooter, and Instructor; the older is on the Club's Gallery Pistol team. Both have been known to wear a shooting-related shirt on occasion [shocked].

The younger one actually investigated starting a School rifle team - the faculty advisor said, "It's not a good time, politically," (or words to that effect - I was not there, as he wanted to handle it himself.)

Back
Top Bottom