• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Miculek 435 yrds w/9mm

Good G*d, anyone else and I would say they were lucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK0EdI_RluY&feature=share&list=UUhk5eyAGuO3J4rV-CiMNkNQ

*Edit: I think that was Meters.
I agree with you on Miculek's skill. The late Elmer Keith once finished off a deer at a range of almost 700 yards with a long-barreled .44-caliber revolver after a hunter who was with him wounded it and it escaped. The late USMC sniper, Gny. Sgt. Carlos Hathcock also displayed incredible feats of long-range marksmanship, as did Civil War scout/sharpshooter named Truman Head, a/k/a "California Joe". It is more a factor of the person behind the firearm rather than the firearm itself.

I agree with you on Miculek's skill. The late Elmer Keith once finished off a deer at a range of almost 700 yards with a long-barreled .44-caliber revolver after a hunter who was with him wounded it and it escaped. The late USMC sniper, Gny. Sgt. Carlos Hathcock also displayed incredible feats of long-range marksmanship, as did Civil War scout/sharpshooter named Truman Head, a/k/a "California Joe". It is more a factor of the person behind the firearm rather than the firearm itself.

I agree. Almost all decent firearms are more accurate than the shooter using them, but some shooters like the ones you referenced close that accuracy gap better than most...

Amazing how lucky people get with enough work...
Did I miss something? Did he put any kind of group together or even multiple shots on target? Even he was surprised he made the shot saying he guessed at the hold.

How many national championships has that guy shooting Weaver stance in the youtube video won?

Not sure about national championships, but he was a serious competitor in NRA bullseye. The man is a skilled marksman, as is Miculek, and anyone who says different about either has no idea what they're talking about.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

I disagree

http://youtu.be/v2cnop15VA8

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

OK.....Maybe "universe" is a little over the top......how's this.....Jerry and Hickock45 are not in the same "league". How many world records does Hockock45 have? I never said Hickock45 was a slouch........he is an amazing shooter and I know of his bullseye shooting fame.......Jerry has more on his resume in my opinion. That is all I was saying.

And as far as videos if you are in the mood to watch skill at work watch jerry......if you are in the mod to watch reviews of fire arms in general Hickock has probably done a review on what you are thinking about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom