• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Miculek - 1000 yards 929 9MM revolver!

I have 20/10 vision, meaning I can see things at 20 feet others have to get 10 feet from to see, and *I* would have trouble seeing the damned steel at that range. Damned impressive shot, but I'd like to see it repeated before I would call that anything other than incredible luck coupled with incredible skill. At the velocity and flight trajectory that bullet had, wind and all that other stuff comes into play; if the wind had shifted even slightly, I think he would have missed.

Not pooping on his parade by any stretch, I'd have to fire boxes of ammo before I hit steel, even with my .30-06; but to think that luck didn't have a huge part in this is just naive.

I've gone 4 for 6 standing with my 6" Performance Center .44 mag (irons) at 225 yards on a 12"x12" steel plate... felt pretty good about myself.

Miculek is a God with any gun, make me feel like I should be riding the "short bus of firearms skills" by comparison. Ever see him run a Barrett M82CQ like it was a AR15, INSANE!

So the bullet frags, after it hit the plate low left, actually hit the balloon right? That's still damn impressive, I doubt I'd even be able to see the doggone target.

Yes jus thitting the steel would have busted the baloon........I don't care......I'd be impressed if he hit a full sheet of plywood with a revolver at that distance! That man is a machine.

I have 20/10 vision, meaning I can see things at 20 feet others have to get 10 feet from to see, and *I* would have trouble seeing the damned steel at that range. Damned impressive shot, but I'd like to see it repeated before I would call that anything other than incredible luck coupled with incredible skill. At the velocity and flight trajectory that bullet had, wind and all that other stuff comes into play; if the wind had shifted even slightly, I think he would have missed.

Not pooping on his parade by any stretch, I'd have to fire boxes of ammo before I hit steel, even with my .30-06; but to think that luck didn't have a huge part in this is just naive.

You have to put luck on your side doing stuff like that......I'm sure he waited for a calm day......and most people would not have had a chance at coming within 20 feet of that steel at that distance. Yes luck plays a part in it but his skill still increases the probability of hitting that steel..........certainly nobody expects him to hit that steel on every shot........hell 1 hit in 20 rounds would have been asweome......he did it on the second shot. COOL

I love the time it takes the bullet going down range.

You hear the round go off... "damn, he missed"............... "oh wait, he didn't"!

LOL. That is about 4 sec of flight time. So 1000yds, 4 sec. flight, 750 fps. average speed. Aiming 150 feet above the target. I wonder how much of that flight time was all gravity.

I hit a 4" target at 100 yards with a POS M&P 9mm on the first shot. I put the gun down and walked away. Consistency is not a factor in impressing youtube viewers with long range (I know mine pales in comparison) shots with a handgun. You do it and walk away so people think you are a hero.

With that being said, Jerry Miculek could beat me in a gunfight drunk, dead, and blindfolded. At 1000 yards with a Ruger 22/45 shooting CB shorts. That man can do things with a firearm I can only have wet dreams of.

Back
Top Bottom