• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Microstamping

They added an exception to the "posession of a firearm with obsured serial numbers assumes attempts to obsure serial numbers" for micro-stamping. So, posession is not proof of intent.

I'm not sure about the durability of micro-stamping. I've seen some claims that they're in the 20-30k rounds range. Assuming you don't run a jewelers stone over the face of the firing pin.

How many dry fires against a hardened steel snap cap would it take?

Court Jester Michelle Schimel said:
Today, criminals are firing anonymous ammunition. No shooter has the right to hide behind a blank shell casing. When a person is murdered or victimized with a firearm we want to know who fired that gun.

Assuming the microstamp survives, that says who may have owned the gun used, not who fired the gun.

What we need is a fingerprint sensor on the trigger, tied to a device that epoxies an rfid microdot onto the bullet and prints a barcode on the side of the casing, with the person's biometric fingerprint measurements.

Yeah. I bet it wouldn't add more than a couple grand to the cost of each firearm, which means people could be required to pay for retrofitting all their firearms as part of the Obamacare - you know, as a tax.

Assuming the microstamp survives, that says who may have owned the gun used, not who fired the gun.

What we need is a fingerprint sensor on the trigger, tied to a device that epoxies an rfid microdot onto the bullet and prints a barcode on the side of the casing, with the person's biometric fingerprint measurements.

Yeah. I bet it wouldn't add more than a couple grand to the cost of each firearm, which means people could be required to pay for retrofitting all their firearms as part of the Obamacare - you know, as a tax.

Next thing you know they're going to propose a bill requiring GPS in every gun. [wink]

Stop watching Judge Dredd [laugh]

Dude!! Don't give them any ideas!! [wink]

Next thing you know they're going to propose a bill requiring GPS in every gun. [wink]

Good add!

Stop watching Judge Dredd [laugh]

Believe it or not I've never seen that movie. Did Hollywood steal my idea? [laugh]

Dude!! Don't give them any ideas!! [wink]

Its inevitable, sadly. I was joking, but as I sit here responding, it occurs to me that eventually the technology really will get there and some ass hat will decide it would make a good law.

Yes. Yes they did. You now need to go watch it. It's got Stallone in it so you know it's epic.
Owing to Stallone's vocal stylings you can even watch it with the sound off and get just as much from the movie as you would with the sound on.

I kept waiting for Wesley Snipes with white hair to pop in to the scene though...

Owing to Stallone's vocal stylings you can even watch it with the sound off and get just as much from the movie as you would with the sound on.

I kept waiting for Wesley Snipes with white hair to pop in to the scene though...

Hey easy there. Don't be confusing one futuristic lame movie with another. And I find Demolition Man tragically amusing since I think it accurately portrays where we are headed as a society.

Is my memory correct, Obama won Virginia in 2008 right?

He did. Because of the misguided, occupied North, i.e., Loudon county, Fairfax county, etc. But Hope and Change hasn't really panned out for them over the last 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey easy there. Don't be confusing one futuristic lame movie with another. And I find Demolition Man tragically amusing since I think it accurately portrays where we are headed as a society.

I hope not. I still don't know how the shells could be used in the bathroom...

The moonbats don't have control of the whole country just CA, IL, NY, NJ and most of New England.

*just* CA, IL, NY, NJ and MA (using April 2010 census numbers) comprise 85.4 million people....

of the top 5 states in the union, in terms of population... three of them are NY, CA and IL....

85,435,057/308,745,538 = ~28% they don't control the whole country, but in only 5 states they control almost a third of the country....

throw in MI, WA, OR, PA... more blue states.... and yeh, we're screwed....

Microstamping = Registration

Someone has to keep a list of who owns what? So, that means registration.
And it sounds like they are not grandfathering either, and are stating that "for $12, you can convert".

Boating Accident comes to mind when they come calling....

Believe it or not I've never seen that movie. Did Hollywood steal my idea? [laugh]

The Judge's "Peace Keeper" sidearm in Judge Dred includes a DNA scanner that prevents unauthorized use - tazing unauthorized users. It also slips a "tag ring" over the bullet while firing (even in full-auto mode) that tags each bullet fired with the DNA coding of the user.

Not quite a RFID tag with a finger print, but close. - So, yes and no. - But they had it a long time ago.

The Judge's "Peace Keeper" sidearm in Judge Dred includes a DNA scanner that prevents unauthorized use - tazing unauthorized users. It also slips a "tag ring" over the bullet while firing (even in full-auto mode) that tags each bullet fired with the DNA coding of the user.

Not quite a RFID tag with a finger print, but close. - So, yes and no. - But they had it a long time ago.

Yeah yeah yeah. All the great inventors had their competition. I just need a better PR department.

Back
Top Bottom