• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Micro / Compact

What is the trigger like?
I've read a number of write ups saying it's a great gun but doing a trigger upgrade is recommended.

- I have a sig p365xl with a factory rds and I put an m-carbo trigger spring in and took a pound off the trigger break.

- I also have a kimber mako r7 with a factory ct rds and that has a nice 4.5 lb factory trigger break already. I tend to shoot that one better than the sig, and so carry it more.

I put an Apex trigger in mine. More for comfort than a better trigger pull. The factory trigger safety would dig into my trigger finger a little. The Apex trigger is lighter, but both the factory and Apex, you still have some mushiness as the striker gets pulled back. The Apex is easier to stage and has a cleaner break. Makes accuracy at 50 yards slightly easier. But the best group at 50 yards has still be with a factory trigger. At speed, doing bill drills, I'm slapping right thru the trigger pull and don't notice a difference other than comfort.

The 365 Macro that I shot had a better trigger since you don't have to load up the striker.

How would you compare the 365 Macro trigger to a Glock trigger?

To a factory Glock, the Macro felt better, but the trigger itself has a lot to do with it for me. The glock trigger safety and trigger shape annoys me.
The Macro had less mushiness and you don't have to load the striker, so it broke better, plus the trigger shape works better for me.

I feel like I'm getting to a point where actual trigger weight and break aren't as much of a factor, within reason. Comfort and ergos are more important to me now. My bad shooting is rarely caused by the trigger break.

The jump to XL to MACRO only looks bigger from the arse end, it’s really close and the grip mostly feels the same. MACRO just has the weird compensator slide that I’m not convinced is doing anything, just adds to the cleaning time.

IMG_7531.jpeg IMG_7530.jpeg

I think most of my bad shooting is caused by my grip, but I think short overtravel helps a lot.

Mine is influencing the gun as the shot breaks. Sometime it's my wrists on multiple shots on the same target, sometimes it's my eye, when transitioning to another target and the gun follows my eyes before the shot breaks.

The grip I use is different for each gun, by that I mean which muscles and how much force I use. Hellcat and 45 1911, I really clamp on the gun inwards with my chest muscles. Race guns, I don't need nearly as much to get them to snap back predictably. When I first got the Hellcat, I was using the grip force I used on raceguns and the results weren't as great as I hoped. Now I can get it to shoot much better

I prefer a decent amount of over travel since I slap the trigger. To me, if the trigger or trigger bow hits the frame or stop, then it influences how the gun tracks. So I try to let my finger stop the rearward travel of the trigger and not the gun.

This is like a chick posting a photo on Instagram. Hides how fat the g26 is (comparably).
The OP can go do his research. I won't post every measurement. The goal is to show him what is out there and give him a rough idea.

If the OP can't do his own basic research after I provided that info, it is not my problem.

Also, appreciate you calling out that I didn't post a pic from the top comparing how wide the guns are, yet you couldn't be bothered to do it yourself.

Your post is like the Karens complaining on FB, they complain too much but don't do anything to correct it.

This interests me. Everyone I know that owns one raves about their Canik, especially the trigger.
Almost identical dimensions to the 365 XL
The big dimensional difference is that the canik is almost half again as wide and also just bulkier all around. Even though the length/height is similar, the sc looks comparatively huge side by side.

The big dimensional difference is that the canik is almost half again as wide and also just bulkier all around. Even though the length/height is similar, the sc looks comparatively huge side by side.
I think width is the key dimension.

365 macro v M&P9c v G19 iv

IMG_7532.jpeg

For me the 9c is uncarriable and unshootable after handling the 365

Too wide, too heavy, grip too short
IMG_7533.jpeg

I tried the WC grip module (only) on my 365 and honestly, I sent it back pretty pronto.

*For ME*, I just didn't like the grip sizing/geometry. Went back to stock 365 module w/ Hogue condom.

I doubt I will be getting into a 25 yard shootout.

At 25 yards, most people can barely hit a target with a full size handgun while standing in a relaxed environment with no one shooting back.
My goal this year is to pass the 25 yard B8 test using a P365x variant, I’ve got some work to do, things are unraveling at 15 yards.

View: https://youtu.be/O1xUFA4ZD2Q

I'm a firm believer that every pistol practice should have some accuracy work at 50 yards min. Even if you have to use a big ass target to get your hits. It gets you used to seeing that distance.

Back
Top Bottom