• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Michigan to enact red flag confiscation

How many states are we up to now that has red flag confiscation laws? Ex post facto brilliance
Ex post facto? How do you mean?

It's deeply troubling "pre-crime," arguably even extrajudicial. But I'm not sure how it's punishing behavior that was legal when it happened, before the passage of the law.

Ex post facto? How do you mean?

It's deeply troubling "pre-crime," arguably even extrajudicial. But I'm not sure how it's punishing behavior that was legal when it happened, before the passage of the law.
I'm no lawyer. Prob the wrong term. What's the right term/phrase for when you get your guns taken away cause of a judge's ruling based on the accuser's word alone and you don't even get a hearing yet?

Bullshit. The proper term is bullshit.

These "laws" will be struck down by the federales in the coming years. You can't F with due process. People have good intentions. But they forget that in 3 iterations, "we're taking guns away to keep the victim of this safe" becomes "we're taking everyone's guns because you're not safe enough with them."

How many states are we up to now that have red flag confiscation laws? Ex post facto brilliance
Lacking due process - sine cognicione
Ex post facto is making past legal actions illegal in the present
Think prosecuting someone now for having purchased a forced reset trigger when the ATF told everyone they were good to go.

Edit: had to look up Latin for without due process

Ex post facto is making past legal actions illegal in the present
Think prosecuting someone now for having purchased a forced reset trigger when the ATF told everyone they were good to go.

Edit: had to look up Latin for without due process
And punishing for past crimes already adjudicated. Think Violence Against Women Act (those guilty of misdemeanor domestic violence becoming prohibited from possession firearms)..

Back
Top Bottom