Michigan Capitol: Thousands converge on Lansing to protest Whitmer's stay home order

babygorilla

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This was the flag I saw. It's a 'White Supremacist' flag, I guess. I saw it on one pass of the news camera, but it kinda sticks out. I took the effort to look through a page of google images of the protest and didn't see it once. I got the info off the SPLC page, so who knows. From the lack of additional images at the protest, I'm guessing it was 'removed' by the people at the protest. Good. Just figures a news crew got it before it was 'disappeared'. Because of one damn person, the entire protest will now be labeled a white national protest by the news in the future.

View attachment 348759
Kekistan flag. Not white supremacy, but a joke / meme.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
What the Hell is THAT? ^

Well, serves me right. Never enter "Brunette in a bikini" as a search string... [rofl2]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kekistan flag. Not white supremacy, but a joke / meme.
Figures, it popped up on the SPLC as supremacist. The same people who claim white supremacists are all over the place but in the next sentence say there are 20-30k of them. Barely a rounding error in the overall population.

connor

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't someone advocating for a rally here? Looks like it might be back on the menu.

Would say use heavy PPE. Theres a few masks in that photo but if you want better optics wear some masks and gloves.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Are you talking about the pic of a bunch of nurses very close to each other saying they are blocking an entrance but not showing the blocked entrance?
Fake new propaganda followed by shill posts and the dummies who feel compelled to pile on.

Outside of the Detroit / Ann Arbor area and Muskegon, Michigan is a red state. Of course Detroit has the numbers, so that little paradise rules the vote. Muskegon is the largest city along the western edge of the state. Also in the nation's top 9% for crime, so no surprise regarding the political direction.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ROFL

The denial in that one is strong

I thought she was going to launch into a "We have to be statists/violate your rights......for the children" meme......

Folks, this is the road map/precident for every future gross violation of rights going forwards from republican and democrat governors alike if each of us permits this to continue

Some of you might be hesitant to call out a republican governor cuz you view him/her to be on your team but what does it matter when they establish a precident that a future democrat uses to justify gun control/confiscation, locking people in their homes for any number of real/percieved issues

If you're not going to oppose statism today then you can be assured it will come back to bite you in short order and you wont have a leg to stand on to oppose it

What a condescending statist.
Bingo

But does she actually say/do anything that is materially different than any number of GOP governors that are masquerading as statist dems with their own lock downs?

Fake new propaganda followed by shill posts and the dummies who feel compelled to pile on.

Outside of the Detroit / Ann Arbor area and Muskegon, Michigan is a red state. Of course Detroit has the numbers, so that little paradise rules the vote. Muskegon is the largest city along the western edge of the state. Also in the nation's top 9% for crime, so no surprise regarding the political direction.
The UP is really almost a country of its own......she could do whatever she wanted in the capitol and no one up there would ever know......

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
But does she actually say/do anything that is materially different than any number of GOP governors that are masquerading as statist dems with their own lock downs?
Well I'm here in NH, but this morning I had no trouble buying mulch and fertilizer. They also had seeds there. I can't say the same if you have such a need in Michigan.

I'm not saying I agree with all restrictions in NH (the closed beaches and parks is ridiculous), but Michigan went full retard.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I threatened to punch the next nurse that walked into my wife's room after popping out a baby an hour before. She was sleeping and those damn nurses kept waking her up EVERY HOUR, on the hour. Yeah, I'm not buying that aspect of it. I already said they were mostly idiots asking for Kung Flu 2: The Glass Cough for not wearing masks. But to think anyone is getting 'rest' in the hospital? No, not even on a Tuesday.

Edit: Crap, it's Thursday.
Congrats!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This was the flag I saw. It's a 'White Supremacist' flag, I guess. I saw it on one pass of the news camera, but it kinda sticks out. I took the effort to look through a page of google images of the protest and didn't see it once. I got the info off the SPLC page, so who knows. From the lack of additional images at the protest, I'm guessing it was 'removed' by the people at the protest. Good. Just figures a news crew got it before it was 'disappeared'. Because of one damn person, the entire protest will now be labeled a white national protest by the news in the future.

View attachment 348759
That's the kekistani flag. It's a meme flag, not white supremacist. If you went to the Boston Free Speech rally you would have seen dozens of these flags, some carried by black people.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well I'm here in NH, but this morning I had no trouble buying mulch and fertilizer. They also had seeds there. I can't say the same if you have such a need in Michigan.

I'm not saying I agree with all restrictions in NH (the closed beaches and parks is ridiculous), but Michigan went full retard.
IMHO its a difference without a distinction

Both are setting a precident and grossly violating civil liberties and freedom

Anyone ACTUALLY expect that you're going to get those civil liberties back?

Every dem and tyrannical republican will use same precident/justification to do it in the future for some real/percieved issue

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That's the kekistani flag. It's a meme flag, not white supremacist. If you went to the Boston Free Speech rally you would have seen dozens of these flags, some carried by black people.
Interesting. Never heard of this kekistan crap. I was looking at the 4 K’s on it and thinking Knights of the KKK fags along with the blackened cross.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I wont be going anywhere until there is a vaccine available
Why? And what if the vaccine is unsuccessful, or has a 30% success rate at preventing an infection? Or if herd immunity mostly makes the virus fizzle out?

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I wont be going anywhere until there is a vaccine available
Why? And what if the vaccine is unsuccessful, or has a 30% success rate at preventing an infection? Or if herd immunity mostly makes the virus fizzle out?
I imagine @Stee is saying that he is at risk and chooses to isolate himself until he feels safe to re-enter society.

I imagine he’s also saying that he is isolating himself by choice and didn’t need the .gov ordering him to isolate.

Right @Stee? :)

Top Bottom