• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Michael Seeklander - 9 things I've learned

I disagree with this one.

There is no such thing as good enough (gear). I see many shooters changing guns and gear too frequently, they don't give themselves enough trigger time to get good with what they have. Even making small changes to their current gear is often just a waist of time, effort and money... for example, if you cant press a trigger straight without disturbing the sights, you still will not press your fancy new flat faced trigger straight.
Yes, some gear stuff helps us improve , I think a gun that fits is very important, and reliable of course. Much further outside of that, good enough is good enough. The guy that practices with a stock glock will always beat the guy with the $5k custom gun who does not practice.

I would argue that "Having Fun" *should* be part of the goal for the vast majority of us. Do well, improve, compete....of course but lets face it guys most of us are not quitting our day jobs any time soon. A lot of enjoyment I get from shooting competition comes from spending time outside with others doing something I enjoy.

Oh, and I like how he implied Leatham is a fat bastard ;-)

Last edited:
One must also learn to Embrace The Suck. Shooting under pressure is un-fun.
as of 'embrace the suck' - 13 yds, rotation was - center - up right, up left, lower left - pissed at it all low right.
last 3 or 4 mags, dunno, i usually try going a 10rd mag per diamond.

it was a month or so only dry firing a laser into a target on a wall, and grip has gone to hell. frustrating as sh$t.

Attachments

• trg121820.jpg
    trg121820.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 8
Got a chance a few years ago to take a class with him at Harvard sportsman’s club (in the pouring rain).

Most of it was economy of motion. Good class, but mad that I could not shoot the idpa the next day in his squad (had plans).

Back
Top Bottom