Michael Bloomberg dinged for remarks on Texas church shooting

Reptile

NES Member
A top executive at the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence suggested that former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is not helping when it comes to the debate over guns in America.

Bloomberg has made gun control a central plank of his 2020 Democratic presidential campaign. In December, he rolled out his gun control platform in Aurora, Colo., the town where 12 people were shot and killed in a movie theater in 2012.

Fox Nation is an entertaining streaming service featuring your favorite Fox News personalities, with original shows and documentaries that celebrate America.
Start Your Free Trial
His latest remarks followed a deadly shooting inside a Sunday morning church service in White Settlement, Texas on Dec. 29. The gunman, identified as a 43-year-old with a long criminal history and mental health problems, shot and killed two people before a member of the congregation killed him.

"I wasn't there. I don't know the facts -- that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people," Bloomberg told a crowd on Dec. 30 during a campaign event in Alabama. "But it's the job of law enforcement to have guns and to decide when to shoot. You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place."

"I wasn't there. I don't know the facts -- that somebody in the congregation had their own gun and killed the person who murdered two other people," Bloomberg told a crowd on Dec. 30 during a campaign event in Alabama. "But it's the job of law enforcement to have guns and to decide when to shoot. You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place."
Yeah, just let the guy keep shooting. Stupid is as stupid does.

His private security guards are not law enforcement officers.
That is why they are called private security.

Now follow your own rules and have them surrender their firearms.
Remember it's for the children...

The guy is in the single digits in the polls and he's spending hundreds of millions of dollars on this campaign. I'll still call him a piece of authoritarian shit, but I won't bother to tell him to go f*** himself because he already is.

Nothing screams LOSER more than throwing money around to get people to like you.

Wait. So one gun grabber is mad at another gun grabber for saying we should grab guns????

This is like Lizzie Warren upset with Bernie, or whomever was "offended" by their "opponent" in the Democrap race this week.

When he gives up his armed security,then we can talk.
With his wealth and influence, he would have no problem getting sworn-in as a reserve deputy with a sheriff's department or a special police officer with a police department. LEOSA kicks in at that point and he instantly becomes immune to all of the onerous gun laws he proposes for the rest of us!

That guy is total ass hat and an idiot for suggesting that law enforcement would have gotten there in time to save all those lives. Those church goers are thanking god that there was someone (or persons in this case) armed that day to protect them. Poor guy loses his life in an instant trying to protect others and Bloomberg suggests to wait for a LEO to handle it?

Wait till the super bowl folks. Rumor has it that Bloomberg and Trump are spending record setting numbers on campaign adds. They may be more entertaining than the game itself.

That guy is total ass hat and an idiot for suggesting that law enforcement would have gotten there in time to save all those lives. Those church goers are thanking god that there was someone (or persons in this case) armed that day to protect them. Poor guy loses his life in an instant trying to protect others and Bloomberg suggests to wait for a LEO to handle it?

Wait till the super bowl folks. Rumor has it that Bloomberg and Trump are spending record setting numbers on campaign adds. They may be more entertaining than the game itself.

Well, here's the long and short of it:

He might be thinking, "We'd not do that like that in NYC." And he's right. But that doesn't eliminate the fact that NYC'ers still have the RIGHT to defend themselves regardless of what former NYC'ers decided to give up. Rights are rights, Mikey. You can't pick and choose because "we don't do that in NYC."

Wait. So one gun grabber is mad at another gun grabber for saying we should grab guns????

This is like Lizzie Warren upset with Bernie, or whomever was "offended" by their "opponent" in the Democrap race this week.

Remember, they were advised not to talk about it, just get elected and do it.

“You just do not want the average citizen carrying a gun in a crowded place."

if he stated this as quoted above, yes,
specifically the second amendment, you know the part that ends with “shall not be infringed “.

maybe you can enlighten me if I’m missing a meaning or a concept here.
How do you get from "do not want citizens with guns in crowded places" to constitutional rights being infringed? What am I missing here? He is expressing a preference, not a legal argument to infringe rights.

Would you be okay if he said "Take the guns first, go through due process second"?

Ok you like Bloomberg. I’m done.
molon labe.
good night.
I don't like him and I wouldn't vote for him.

But the notion of equating "We do not want citizens with guns in crowded places" to saying "He doesn't recognize the constitution and thus is unqualified to serve" is a bridge too far for me.

Back
Top Bottom