• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Michael Bloomberg and Imigration !!!

DitchDigger

NES Member
Anybody see Bloomberg on GMA this morning? Quote "The imigration policy of this country is hurting the economy and hurting job creation because we are locking out the next generation of entrepeneurs to create more jobs." He wants to green stamp 11 million illegals to bolster the economy and create jobs for the millions of un-employed !!! Is this guy or real ???

And somehow that makes more sense than deporting the illegals and freeing up 20MM or so jobs? What a nutjob.

Wait - maybe he's applying pelosian economic theory, in which case he may be on to something. If we can figure out a way to get millions of new unemployment checks into the hands of mexicans we might be able to really get this economy stimulated!

Anybody see Bloomberg on GMA this morning? Quote "The imigration policy of this country is hurting the economy and hurting job creation because we are locking out the next generation of entrepeneurs to create more jobs." He wants to green stamp 11 million illegals to bolster the economy and create jobs for the millions of un-employed !!! Is this guy or real ???

As long as you are willing to pay $5 for a head of lettuce...I'm with ya. The VAST majority of illegals here are taking the sh*t jobs most lazy Americans DON'T want.

This is one of the few things I agreed with GW Bush on. We should not give them citizenship, but we should document them, let them work for a period of time, tax them while here, and then send them home.

By doing this, American business can get cheap labor and the migrant workers are afforded some amount of protection..no more living in sheds for some of the migrant farm workers.

Last edited:
As long as you are willing to pay $5 for a head of lettuce...I'm with ya. The VAST majority of illegals here are taking the sh*t jobs most lazy Americans DON'T want.

This is one of the few things I agreed with GW Bush on. We should not give them citizenship, but we should document them, let them work for a period of time, tax them while here, and then send them home.

I'm sure there are a lot of undocumented workers supporting the food industry and many others and if they leave it would temporarily hurt the businesses but they would recover. I"ll pay a little more for my lettuce if it means we stop underwriting support services for those who came here illegally.

Somewhere along the way things changed for the worse. I had a lot of sh$t jobs growing up and worked long, hard hours. It served as a reminder that if I didn't get an education that's what I had to look forward to for the next 35 years. It was great motivation to do something better..but I know I could do it again if I had to. Nowadays everyone wants to be a CEO right out of high school.

Last edited:
Sure, why not let them cut the line of people waiting to get in here legally. Better to have a bunch of uneducated criminals in here than educated folks willing to do things the right way, right?

I'd be willing to pay $5/head of lettuce in a heart beat if it meant a chance of getting our economy normalized. I mean, how do all of the other civilized/developed countries out there without a mexico on their border get things done?

Sure, why not let them cut the line of people waiting to get in here legally. Better to have a bunch of uneducated criminals in here than educated folks willing to do things the right way, right?

I'd be willing to pay $5/head of lettuce in a heart beat if it meant a chance of getting our economy normalized. I mean, how do all of the other civilized/developed countries out there without a mexico on their border get things done?

I'll pay $20

By doing this, American business can get cheap labor and the migrant workers are afforded some amount of protection..no more living in sheds for some of the migrant farm workers.

$5 a head of lettuce is cheap when the burden of free healthcare goes down.

I just paid 2 grand for dental work for my unemployed wife, that illegals get for free at the local clinic. I have no dental insurance, but they won't work on her because she is American, and related to someone that works on the books.

I don't think all 11 million are lettuce pickers !! Old Mikey was implying that the imigrants of today are our only hope of economic survival.
They are going to be the next wave of business professionals to give us the jobs that we have lost. Go figure! So in the mean time we ratchet up unemployment a little more ,give them SS even though they never have contributed ,give them a nice little health care package, some educational assistance, and this is before they collect their first paycheck. We can't deal with those issues now with the legal population!!!

I would pay the extra money for food because I can afford to. But the issue is that people who don't make really good wages can't afford to do so.

A friend of mine in California had a truly inspired idea that would address the immigration issue as well as getting people back to work.

Build life guard towers every quarter mile or so across the border. Staff them with unemployed people giving them walkie-talkies or call phones and field glasses. If they see illegals crossing...they call ICE and report them. Of course, I'm sure people on this forum would also demand these people be armed and I'm open to that as long as proper training is done. You pay these people say $10/hr and we solved two problems.

Now wouldn't it be ironic if ICE then hired illegals to work the towers because they'd be cheaper? :)

It's not the $5 dollar lettuce that is killing us. It's the $450 dollar emergency room visit. It's the $800 a month food debit card. It's the no insurance accidents. It's the drunk driving. It's the 15 people living in a 3 bedroom apartment. It's the middle of the night home invasions. It's the drive by shootings. It's the...... why am I bothering?

Being that I have worked in the trades here in mass myself and with my father and also having an uncle who owns an electrical company in cali, I can say that these illegal immigrants are not just taking farming jobs anymore. They are taking framing jobs, siding jobs, mason jobs, electrical jobs, all construction has been in some way affected and not to mention jobs in fast food chains and cleaning positions.

Being that I have worked in the trades here in mass myself and with my father and also having an uncle who owns an electrical company in cali, I can say that these illegal immigrants are not just taking farming jobs anymore. They are taking framing jobs, siding jobs, mason jobs, electrical jobs, all construction has been in some way affected and not to mention jobs in fast food chains and cleaning positions.

Ok, so then you have two choices here:
1. Try and kick all of the illegals out...good luck there...cuz we've been trying to do that for 40 years or more with great success. We'd have to raise taxes, cut spending on other programs to increase the size of ICE and that's no guarantee that it will work.
2. Fine the sh*t out of the companies who hire them in the first place. You know...enforce the laws already on the books instead of legislating new ones (wow..does that argument sound familiar to gun rights fans?). No slaps on the wrist here..make it hurt. Make it so that they won't think twice about not hiring an undocumented worker.

Our thought process has to change when it comes to immigration policy. Its not a dem vs republican thing either. Remember, the all hallowed Ronald Reagan started the whole amnesty thing back in 1986 by signing the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 into law.

Last edited:

This oft quoted "fact" has no actual basis. Besides, the free market states that if you can't find employees at the rate you're offering, you need to increase the wages. If we truly believe in a free market, let the free market run without having to short circuit it.

I just paid 2 grand for dental work for my unemployed wife, that illegals get for free at the local clinic. I have no dental insurance, but they won't work on her because she is American, and related to someone that works on the books.

Which clinic is that? Can I show up there without any paperwork and get free dental care? That sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

Everybody seems eager to swallow another false choice proposed by the political class. There's no conflict between secure borders and getting rid of illegals on the one hand, and having cheap labor to perform "the jobs nobody else wants to do", and being open to the entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
  1. Secure the borders;
  2. Set up a guest worker program for temporary workers;
  3. Expand and streamline the immigration process for people who want to become Americans and work for their and their kids future.
Anybody who says we can't kick out 15M illegals either doesn't know what they're talking about or simply doesn't have the balls to do it. Truman and Eisenhower each clamped down and got rid of over 10M illegals in about a year. Of course they both knew what they were doing and had a pair.

Ken

Everybody seems eager to swallow another false choice proposed by the political class. There's no conflict between secure borders and getting rid of illegals on the one hand, and having cheap labor to perform "the jobs nobody else wants to do", and being open to the entrepreneurs of tomorrow.
  1. Secure the borders;
  3. Expand and streamline the immigration process for people who want to become Americans and work for their and their kids future.
Anybody who says we can't kick out 15M illegals either doesn't know what they're talking about or simply doesn't have the balls to do it. Truman and Eisenhower each clamped down and got rid of over 10M illegals in about a year. Of course they both knew what they were doing and had a pair.

Ken

So, by your logic, Reagan and both Bush's didn't know what they were doing and didn't have a pair???

I agree with your 3 points, but how do we pay for #1?
How do you get #2 passed when both a republican President and a Democrat President cannot get Congress to act on it?
I'd love to see #3 more then anything. We live in the best country in the history of the world and this is the reason everyone wants to be here. Why don't we want more immigrants? I just don't get it. Its what made America strong to begin with.
May I suggest a #4 for your list:

4. Make English the official language of the US. No more printing forms in over 100 languages.

Thanks for your post!

So, by your logic, Reagan and both Bush's didn't know what they were doing and didn't have a pair???

I agree with your 3 points, but how do we pay for #1?
How do you get #2 passed when both a republican President and a Democrat President cannot get Congress to act on it?
I'd love to see #3 more then anything. We live in the best country in the history of the world and this is the reason everyone wants to be here. Why don't we want more immigrants? I just don't get it. Its what made America strong to begin with.
May I suggest a #4 for your list:

4. Make English the official language of the US. No more printing forms in over 100 languages.

Thanks for your post!
Answer: Use chain gangs build a big effing wall with crocodile filled moat. Does that help?

English should absolutely be the official language of this land.

I like to dream that there is a large canal seperating Mexico from the US.

Hey, I can dream can't I?

I think you're all overreacting, Bloomberg has a plan to pay for all of this, cigarette taxes just went up again, they now cost $14.50 a pack in NYC.
[sad2]

What sort of moron thinks that un-educated peasants from third world countries whose lives are so sucky where they come from that they are willing to risk death in the middle of desert and pay thousands of dollars just to come here and sit in Home Depot parking lots on the off chance of getting work for a day humping bricks - are going to be the next generation of "entepreneurs" that provide jobs for millions of people in this country?

Does Bloomberg have any clue whatsoever? It he just spouting shit as usual?

Meet Hector Escobar - he snuck over the border 10 years ago, has been living in a rusted out Dodge van down by the river and was picking lettuce for last 8 years. But two years ago - after many long nights working at his makeshift lab in the passenger seat of his van - he discovered the cure for cancer. Now, after getting angel investors to back his fledgling company to tune of 25 million dollars - Hector is the CEO of IscrewedYu Corp.

Even if true - for that we should allow 30 million illegals into the country? Because ONE GUY might do something good?

Bloomberg is a moron. The immigrants who may make the next generation of entepreneurs are coming in LEGALLY.

All of this leaves unsaid the question of why Americans are going to be the next generation of entepreneurs - maybe it's the public schools and all those public union teachers who are making American kids so stupid we have to keep importing people with functioning brains. Maybe Bloomberg ought to be thinking about that one first before he endorses allowing even more immigration.

Ok, so then you have two choices here:
1. Try and kick all of the illegals out...good luck there...cuz we've been trying to do that for 40 years or more with great success. We'd have to raise taxes, cut spending on other programs to increase the size of ICE and that's no guarantee that it will work.
2. Fine the sh*t out of the companies who hire them in the first place. You know...enforce the laws already on the books instead of legislating new ones (wow..does that argument sound familiar to gun rights fans?). No slaps on the wrist here..make it hurt. Make it so that they won't think twice about not hiring an undocumented worker.

Our thought process has to change when it comes to immigration policy. Its not a dem vs republican thing either. Remember, the all hallowed Ronald Reagan started the whole amnesty thing back in 1986 by signing the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 into law.

There is ALWAYS a solution to every problem. The issue usually is not whether there is a solution - it's whether you are willing to carry it out.

Historically speaking the solution to the problem the US has right now with illegal immigration is what's known in Europe as a pogrom.

That's why the government not doing it's job and enforcing immigration law and getting rid of the illegals relatively peacefully is so onerous. If it doesn't happen peacefully - it may happen the other way if people get fed up enough.

1. Secure the borders;

Ken

Exactly.

+1

We aren't getting rid of illegals not because it can't be done - but because there is constituency in this country that WANTS THEM HERE for business and political reasons. They have generated massive amounts of verbal diarrhea to excuse and disguise their self interest.

This is just another reason I hope the economy gets worse and continues to stay bad. Sooner or later it will make people completely fed up with the illegals and all the excuses and enough political force will be generated to force them out one way or another.

Some drug gang killings (made up of illegals) of a picture perfect white family would be enough to generate that political firestorm. Which is why the mainstream media carefully doesn't report all the killings and other violence that happens down in the border states that you can find out about if you go searching on the intarwebs.

The longer this goes on however - the more likely that political tipping point becomes. The people who support the illegals are playing with fire.

It's so nice when the millionairs become so benovolent with someone else's money and resources. After all, they live in well protected mansions far away from and of the BS many illegals bring. Wish we could strip him of his money and power and have him live on the Arizona border for a few months. The guy's a disgusting moonbat that can't even keep his word about term limits!

Back
Top Bottom