• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Miami Man In Van Guns Down AK-47 Wielding Robber Because He Didn’t Want ‘To Go Out Like A Punk’

mikeyp

NES Member
This guy's awesome, video on page, can't link it

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A 60-Year-old Miami man said he was forced to shoot and kill a gunman who had broken in to his van early Monday morning in an attempt to rob him of his jewelry.

“The guy I killed last night, he put an AK-47 to my damn face,” said Donovan Stewart.

Stewart told CBS4’S Peter D’Oench that he had to act quickly because he was worried about the safety of his 11-year-old son and girlfriend who were in the van with him.

“I am from Kingstontown in Jamaica,” he said, “and I am not going to go out like a punk. So I emptied my Glock in his chest. This man tried to get in my van while I was sleeping and he was surprised to see what I did.”

He demonstrated what he did for CBS4.
“Well, he opened the door like this and pointed his AK-47 and I reached around like this and got my gun. That is how I did this to him,” he said.

“So I thought you are you going to kill me so now I have to act quickly because I am trained,” he said. “You know I have a security license, I have a G license and I have a state firearms license and a concealed
weapons permit and I have a gun and I am a member of the NRA.”

“I am going to defend my life and those I love,” he said. “My family is innocent and just don’t put an AK-47 in my face. I will not allow that to happen. This guy also hijacked a woman in a van and was found with her car key. He robbed another woman at gunpoint.”

“You want to come looking for trouble,” he said. “Come to me. Come to me. I wouldn’t do anything like this to anybody and they picked the wrong person in this case.

Miami Police Officer Mike Vega said while this appears to be a case of self-defense the investigation is still open.

“Everyone is cooperating,” he said, “but we still need to receive more information. We need to put this all together and determine what happened.”

A Miami police officer collecting evidence at the shooting scene. (CBS4)

“If anybody knows anything they should call Miami Police,” Vega added.

Meanwhile, while D’Oench was at his location at the crime scene, he was approached by Delilah Gaitor and her boyfriend, Evans Chery. Gaitor said the dead gunman was the same man who terrorized her around 6 a.m. on Saturday and robbed her at gunpoint of $600 in cash, her iPhone and her 2018 Volkswagen.

“He had a gun and forced me to open my door,” she said. “He told me to open, so I gave him my cash right away. I feel very relieved now. This was a terrible thing to do to me. I was devastated and I was emotional.

This is crazy to rob this man. He has a family and to do something like that while he was living in a van is not right.”

Chery said, “Karma is something else. I mean this woman works hard for her money.”

Vega said Miami Police were trying to determine if the unidentified gunman who was killed had robbed other people.

I would have said a plain but polite "no comment" to the press and then walked away. I would have told the cops that it was an attempted armed robbery, I was in fear for my life and the lives of my girlfriend and son. I aimed center-mass to neutralize the threat. Then I would STFU and let the DA make the next move.

I would have said a plain but polite "no comment" to the press and then walked away. I would have told the cops that it was an attempted armed robbery, I was in fear for my life and the lives of my girlfriend and son. I aimed center-mass to neutralize the threat. Then I would STFU and let the DA make the next move.

I understand, but I am glad Donovan Stewart had the balls to take a stand and make the statement that he did.

That’s why no one will make a thread about you.

Sure, your option is the most sound and sane, but this guy has a lot more style and tells a better story.

I'm gonna be completely honest. When I read the story in the OP, and the lines that were said and how the story unfolded, I'm thinking this is an old white grey haired Clint Eastwood dude that's multi-tour combat Veteran. Then I saw the video and it's a black man, skinny, with a caribbean accent. Has permit and advocates gun rights. f***ing awesome 🙌

That’s why no one will make a thread about you.

Sure, your option is the most sound and sane, but this guy has a lot more style and tells a better story.
Makes for great entertainment.

DA: "Why did you feel the need to totally empty an entire high capacity magazine in the victim?"

That line of questioning does not go over well with the grandmothers who sit in the jury.

He carries a gun so he's hard to kill. He should know the law so he's hard to convict.

This guy won in the court of public opinion - that is for sure.

A jury wont convict him either.

I doubt they will bring charges against him.

This incident could be a blessing for this man and his family. With enough sympathy he wont be homeless for long.

translations:

@1:15 "well alright, this is whats gonna happen now, you're gonna kill me, or me going' kill you... let see"

@1:44 "...when he flew my door open... the only thing he did was stuck an AK in my face.... my gun was right there ( pointing to leg/ankle ) .... cho (sh*t/damn) what you doing ? ... and thats how I got him ....."

@2:12 .. " you don't just wake up in the morning and push an AK up my nose and think you're going to live... no.. you tried the wrong person with that"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RabIrAvR3l0

Makes for great entertainment.

DA: "Why did you feel the need to totally empty an entire high capacity magazine in the victim?"

That line of questioning does not go over well with the grandmothers who sit in the jury.

He carries a gun so he's hard to kill. He should know the law so he's hard to convict.

This guy won in the court of public opinion - that is for sure.

A jury wont convict him either.

I doubt they will bring charges against him.

This incident could be a blessing for this man and his family. With enough sympathy he wont be homeless for long.
Convict him? Charges? The police are trying to help him get a new home.

‘Bitch stuck an AK in my face’ is justification enough in my book. Mess with bull, get horns.

Bombaclaat got me ragu music stuck in my head now!! 762 39 not his number!!

translations:

@1:15 "well alright, this is whats gonna happen now, you're gonna kill me, or me going' kill you... let see"

@1:44 "...when he flew my door open... the only thing he did was stuck an AK in my face.... my gun was right there ( pointing to leg/ankle ) .... cho (sh*t/damn) what you doing ? ... and thats how I got him ....."

@2:12 .. " you don't just wake up in the morning and push an AK up my nose and think you're going to live... no.. you tried the wrong person with that"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RabIrAvR3l0

Also purest of Au, there's an ice cream truck or some shit playing Fur Elise at the end....

Only in FL... [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0rrNuVZRTI

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom