MI-Dem Rep Has Melt Down at Gun Control Town Hall – Screams at Her Own Pro-Gun Constituents

mikeyp

NES Member
Can't embed the vid, go to the link

Haley Stevens Blows Up During Town Hall on Gun Control

A town hall on gun control, held on Tuesday night at a Michigan firing range, devolved into a shouting match, with one U.S. congresswoman screaming at her constituents.

Rep. Haley Stevens, a Michigan Democrat who represents the 11th congressional district, is seen in footage of the event obtained by Fox 2 shouting at the many pro-gun advocates that showed up.

“This is why the NRA has got to go,” Stevens said. “The NRA has got to go!”

Stevens was there, alongside Michigan House Democratic Leader Christine Greig of Farmington Hills and Democratic State Rep. Robert Wittenberg of Huntington Woods, to speak on various measures aimed at addressing gun violence.

But throughout the nearly hour-long conversation, proposals presented by the Democratic pro-gun control lawmakers – red flag laws, Universal Background Checks, a ban on semi-automatic rifles – faced stiff resistance from gun rights advocates.

Many attendees, some of whom held up signs in support of President Donald Trump and carried holstered firearms, booed the Democrats.

At one point, Stevens attempted to answer a question about “assault weapons.” She was shouted down by a man who said: “That’s a media made-up term.”

“We needed to show up here and tell Haley Stevens exactly what we think about her gun violence town hall”

The town hall was held at the Multi Lakes Conservation Association in Commerce Charter Township and hosted in part by Fems for Dems, a political action committee whose stated mission is to elect progressive candidates and engage voters.

Many of the members of the conservation association are gun owners.

GOP 11th Congressional District Chair Meshawn Maddock claimed that Fems for Dems misrepresented itself when booking the venue.

“Somehow Fems for Dems booked this event using a different name,” Maddock told Fox 2. “The sweet woman that I talked to said that it said Fems of Life in her calendar.”

In a statement issued earlier on Tuesday, Maddock told the event’s organizers that they had “a lot of nerve holding an anti-gun rally in the heart of gun-country.”

She also vowed to rally voters to show organizers that their stance on the Second Amendment is not a popular one in the 11th district.

Among the estimated crowd of 200 people, gun rights advocates showed up in droves, according to The Detroit News.

“We needed to show up here and tell Haley Stevens exactly what we think about her gun violence town hall being held in a very Republican – this is a Republican stronghold,” Maddock told Fox 2.

Rep-Haley-Stevens.jpg

That mouth tho ......... ;)

Only a dimwit democrap hold a anti-gun forum in a pro-gun firing range.

This. What were they thinking????

"All we have to do is talk about our feelings and they'll allow us to pass any old bill we want."

"Here are facts."

"BLEEP YOUR FACTS!!!!! I HAVE THE MICROPHONE AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT!!!!"

tenor.gif

It's that ear sticking out on her right (our left) side. She looks cuter looking to pleasure that microphone above. LOL

Now that I watch the video - she only looks good in profile. She was scary full-frontal in the video as well.

It's that ear sticking out on her right (our left) side. She looks cuter looking to pleasure that microphone above. LOL

Now that I watch the video - she only looks good in profile. She was scary full-frontal in the video as well.

How do you hold your liquor?

By the ears...

Trying to find info on it, but someone on Instagram said that she lied about the group that was going to be at the gun club and it ended up being antis

This is what I was looking for, bolding by me

Gun control town hall at firing range erupts as tempers flare

COMMERCE TWP., Mich. (FOX 2) - A town hall on gun control featuring Congresswoman Haley Stevens ended early as tempers flared and the arguing turned to shouting Tuesday.

It was held at the Multi Lakes Conservation Association and organizers were not transparent as to what the town hall would be about when it was booked at the club. Many of the members did not find out until recently that it would be about guns and gun control.

The goal was to find common ground on solutions to gun violence, but organizers found how wide the rift between some gun owners and pro-gun control advocates really is.

"This is why the NRA has got to go," shouted Rep. Haley Stevens (D-11th District). "The NRA has got to go."

Stevens, State House Democratic Leader Christine Greig and State Rep. Robert Wittenberg (D-Berkley) led the town hall at the conservation club where many of its members are gun owners.

The conversation, ironically, took place in the club's indoor gun range.

"I think they just snuck it in here," said Meshawn Maddock. "I can tell you that the members of this gun club are not happy about it."

Gun owners showed up to the town hall in droves, spurred on in part by GOP 11th Congressional District Chair Meshawn Maddock.

"Somehow Fems for Dems booked this event using a different name," Maddock said. "The sweet woman I talked to said that it said Fems for Life on her calendar. We needed to show up here and tell Haley Stevens exactly what we think about her gun violence town hall behind held in a very Republican - this is a Republican stronghold."

While taking questions from the crowd, the Democratic lawmakers pushed for more gun control measures like Universal Background Checks, a ban on semi-automatic rifles, and implementing red flag laws to take guns away from people who may be a threat to themselves or the public.

"I want people to understand that we are not anti-gun, we are anti-gun violence," said Wittenberg. "And supporting the Second Amendment and being opposed to gun violence are not mutually exclusive."

"In 1999 there were $2.7 million concealed pistol license holders in the United States registered in the United States," said Justin Nazaroff. "As of 2017 there are almost 17 million so that number has grown significantly. Crime has gone down, violent crime has gone down, homicides have gone down."

Passions ran high Tuesday evening, stifling the opportunity for meaningful dialogue on one of the country's most pressing issues.

"Part of the reason why this went the way it did, is because you have a lot of people on the extreme end," said Ann Anderson, a gun control advocate. "The reaction from the people here today was starting out from the assumption you are going to take my guns. And when you start with that, and that fear, it's very hard to have communication."

"We need to be part of the conversation regarding what we do about violence in this country in general," said Nazaroff. "Many of us don't believe it is a gun violence problem but more of a general violence problem."

Last edited:
Dems have a long history of yelling.

Although today, Dean wouldn't have been affected by "the scream." He got destroyed by the media for no good reason. I mean, it isn't like he was sleeping around with some floozy on a boat like Gary Hart.

Back
Top Bottom