• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MGH &BI don't like you.

Hope you do well with the treatment and a speedy recovery! When I was in NEBH for a Mrsa infectionNES was blocked but one call to IT at the hospital unblocked NES, Gunbroker and AR15.com. The people in the department were very accomodating. Might want to give them a call or if you want I can call them for you and see what the policy is at the hospital.

I have a verizon wireless card you can use while your there. Just plug in and surf. PM me how to get it to you if you want it

I recommend this too unless they ban cell phones or broadband usage in the hospital. This gets you completely around the problem.

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery though. My dad went through that at UMass in Worcester about two years ago.

Metrowest Medical/Framingham Union doesn't block NES, Youtube or Netflix streaming, but they default DNS is not wildcarded so you have to know to go to www.mwmc.com and sign in (basically accepting their notice that you should not consider their network secure).

Best of luck Gerry and get better fast! It sounds like the hospital is using something websense to block out websites. It might even block the anonymizer proxy which was posted earlier [thinking]

Don't worry... we will all be here, still complaining about pre-ban laws on tin-foil hats, when you get out... until then feel better and heal fast.

If you have problems in a hospital, call patient relations - preferably during normal business hours. Don't complain about the nurses unless you have a good reason - they REALLY notice when a patient goes through the relations/complaint department. Most hospitals have a number of "patient relations" (or something similar) staffed with someone whose job it is to head off little complaints before they become big ones, and keep the hospital attractive to the well insured folks they milk like cows with swollen udders.

If Patient Relations can't get you someone in IT to straighten it out, be sure to take names and mention that you really want to be able check "all 5s on the Press-Ganey" survey.

Do you mean MGH and BW? I was in BI (now BIDMC) for five days earlier this month (yes, for the cat bite) and had no problem getting into NES or any other site.

BTW, I can't stand MGH they're total prigs.

Every time I tried to access a site dealing with guns or hunting,I would get a message saying I was being blocked because I was violating their user policy. Thank you all again for the kind thoughhts and I hope to see you at the next shoot.

too bad about the hospital sight. screw it and get well and get home. just as you are now i too just underwent a stem cell transplant 7 weeks ago. i got through it with no problems except for being bored out of my mind for 23 days spent in house at ummc. get home and have a great thanksgivings day. prayers for your speedy recovery.

Wow,..........good luck. if im not being nosey,.. I was not aware there was any kind of stem cell recovery therapies in USA for humans yet? Can you elaborate? Get well, how are you posting here btw if your blocked, a satallite card connection? . I'm discharged from MGH less than 30 days ago. 12th floor white bld recovery room after "spinal cord foraminotomie"s(spelled corretly). I'd really be interested in regenerative stemcell injections in my spinal cord! Any info appriecated.....and remember getting well is accellerated if your mind is set on getting better! Its not all in your head but the mind is very mysterious in assisting your recovery!

Last edited:
Every time I tried to access a site dealing with guns or hunting,I would get a message saying I was being blocked because I was violating their user policy.

Gerry, have you pinged either the Email or phone number that comes up with this message or the user agreement when you log in? Might help and might not, but should at least get you the right group of people who can change things . . . if they want to.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom