MGH &BI don't like you.

gerrycaruso

NES Member
I'm in Mass General Hospital for high dose chemotherepy ands a stem cell transplant.The procedure went well and I should be out by Thanksgiving. I've been here since the beginning of the month.I was told to bring a laptop because the consentration required for reading goes quickly.I got on the hospital website and the problems started.I was blocked from all my sites,including northeast shooters. Several phonecalls did nothing. You don't have to voilate their user policy. They'll kick you off any site they don't like. If you have to come in here,don't use their web sitge.they'll kick you off any gun or shooting related site.

E'ff the internet....get well soon! I hope you'll have something great to be thankfull for this turkey day.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and some of you already know this but for those that don't,you're all welcome to shoot anything I have and I've got almost everything.Just ask and I'll bring it. I hope to be at the shoot at HSC the day after Thanksgiving.

Did you get a "blocked' message, or were you just unable to reach the site? Without specific confirmation you are blocked, it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between a problem with their network, a DNS issue, or an actual blockage. Try "nslookup northeastshooters.com" - if you don't see 72.46.126.127, it's time to try a different DNS server (www.opendns.org has some good ones).

Did you get a "blocked' message, or were you just unable to reach the site? Without specific confirmation you are blocked, it's sometimes hard to tell the difference between a problem with their network, a DNS issue, or an actual blockage. Try "nslookup northeastshooters.com" - if you don't see 72.46.126.127, it's time to try a different DNS server (www.opendns.org has some good ones).

What Rob said. If changing your dns from their DHCP supplied one to of the open dns address' doesn't work you could try getting through using a proxy.

Try this one.. http://www.ad-free-proxy-site.info/
Goto the bottom and just put in www.northeastshooters.com

That should do it.

Here's praying for a speedy recovery for you.

You ought to tell the hospital that blocking the sites you like to visit is interferring with your recovery.

I'm in Mass General Hospital for high dose chemotherepy ands a stem cell transplant.The procedure went well and I should be out by Thanksgiving. I've been here since the beginning of the month.I was told to bring a laptop because the consentration required for reading goes quickly.I got on the hospital website and the problems started.I was blocked from all my sites,including northeast shooters. Several phonecalls did nothing. You don't have to voilate their user policy. They'll kick you off any site they don't like. If you have to come in here,don't use their web sitge.they'll kick you off any gun or shooting related site.

I was in the BI about a year ago and lived on NES. Maybe my use of the site caused them to notice it was so evil.

Yah, Dana Farber blocks us too. Found that out last week.

Get well man! I'll add you to my prayers.

I hope you get better soon. I'm not sure what BI has to do with this, since they are different hospital groups, but then again, it's not unusual for hospitals to block some sites for a variety of reasons. I know some of them block You Tube, not because of objectionable content, but because of bandwidth concerns.

I have a verizon wireless card you can use while your there. Just plug in and surf. PM me how to get it to you if you want it

Back
Top Bottom