• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MFS information

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
I am headed up near Holliston way tomorrow so I thought I would head over to MFS while my wife kills an hour and a half with her mother. I have never been there so I was wondering if anyone with experience with their facilities could let me know how to have a smooth visit.
I want to bring my Ruger 22/45, H&K P30 and S&W 686 for some morning time fun.
1. Is there any pre requisites (range orientation etc..) that might take up an excessive amount of time?
2. Is it excessively busy on a Saturday morning? (to the point of having to wait for a lane to open).
I am time limited so I am trying to avoid anything that takes away from time on the line.

Thanks.

You should be able to show your ltc, sign a waiver, pay and be on the range in a few minutes. It's a no hassle place. Never had to wait for a range, and have been there a few times on Saturday. Good luck.

You should be able to show your ltc, sign a waiver, pay and be on the range in a few minutes. It's a no hassle place. Never had to wait for a range, and have been there a few times on Saturday. Good luck.

Perfect, thanks for the info.

You should dress warmly, the ventilation system is quite good at removing smoke and they have a radiant heater running the length behind the firing line but it tends to get quite chilly when it's very cold out.

PM me with your info and I will make arraignments to give you one free rental for any of our firearms you may want to try out.

Steve

super cool. been thinking of becoming a member here for a year so i can try out lots of guns before i decide which one to buy for edc. probably going to have to join now after seeing that level of service

wow I didn't get a free rental the one time I stopped by(last summer)

not knocking mfs, I enjoyed shooting their ruger 1911

not a real indoor range kind of guy, but if you live nearby, or are in the area (as I was the one time) its worth stopping by

it was an efficient, quick process to sign in , rent, and shoot

I took my LTC class here and have shot my guns here also. Really easy to just walk in, show ID, pay and shoot. I have not been there since they added more lanes but its a nice place. Seemed loud to me but thats ok.

The only caution is that you should call ahead for wait times. It is often jammed on the weekends and there could be a dozen people on a wait list hanging out waiting for a lane. Has happened to me a lot. I like the facility and people, but the wait times on the weekends can be long. Hopefully Holliston will allow them to open earlier on Sundays and allow them 24/7 access for members.

Just to clarify concerning wait times...

Before we finished construction on our second range the wait times were awful. However, with the new range wait times are rare and when they do occur they are not for very long (Sunday afternoons are the most likely time you will see a wait).

We have a lane reservation option for members...however, most don't bother using it due to the general lane availability.

- - - Updated - - -

wow I didn't get a free rental the one time I stopped by

You should have asked [smile]

We have a lane reservation option for members

Well, my wife and I are members and a few weeks ago I called in advance and was told I had to show up in person to get on the waiting list. So perhaps the staff is not up to speed on this.

I like the attitude of the staff at MSF. They are very professional, courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Occasionally there is wait, during long weekends weekends etc, but it is not more than 15-20 minutes, which can be spent checking the store, which has some fun stuff.
Safety is good, but they are liberal with their rules as opposed to other places. There are closed circuit cameras on the ranges, clean bathrooms, always plenty of Ammo and targets available. Clean, new ear protection and goggles are also plenty.
Their ammo prices are very good for a retail store in MA.

I usually drive there after work, and occasionally bring a buddy.
A good friend who is a competitive shooter and has been around, said:
"Wow, this is the Cadillac of shooting ranges, never seen such a nice place"

and btw ... I don't know Steve and don't work for them [smile]

I like the attitude of the staff at MSF. They are very professional, courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Occasionally there is wait, during long weekends weekends etc, but it is not more than 15-20 minutes, which can be spent checking the store, which has some fun stuff.
Safety is good, but they are liberal with their rules as opposed to other places. There are closed circuit cameras on the ranges, clean bathrooms, always plenty of Ammo and targets available. Clean, new ear protection and goggles are also plenty.
Their ammo prices are very good for a retail store in MA.

I usually drive there after work, and occasionally bring a buddy.
A good friend who is a competitive shooter and has been around, said:
"Wow, this is the Cadillac of shooting ranges, never seen such a nice place"

and btw ... I don't know Steve and don't work for them [smile]

Yup. All this. I love MFS. I've taken a lot of the classes they offer. Enjoyed them all.

They did a transfer for me last night. I did the douche maneuver and got there half an hour before they closed ( best I could do). But I was in and out in minutes. I've waited longer for my food at McDonalds. Really. It really does spoil you. I got my certification there, so that was my first experience with most of this stuff. I had no idea most places are dark, dank basements lol.

Based on my own experience there, I believe you won't have any issues. I don't usually do weekends there so I don't know about the crowd. Definitely worth checking out though.

Sounds like I picked the right place to visit.. Unfortunately it is an hour and a half drive for me or I would become a member.

I say this to myself all of the time but I really need to stop by there. My mother in law lives 2 or 3 miles from there. I have been in to the store but maybe next time my wife wants to go to the in laws I can drop her off and swing by for some range time.

I took my LTC class there before they moved to the new location and had a store or ranges.

+1 for MFS

I'm also a member there, and just love it. Everyone on staff is fabulous, helpful, and friendly - and so much fun, yet highly professional.

If you've not visited yet, but have been considering doing so, I hope this thread may give you some motivation to do so!

I'd especially encourage any female shooters or shooters-to-be to visit, especially if you're looking for somewhere you won't feel out of place as a female. It doesn't have the all-boys-club mentality that I've seen at some other places, and I see numerous ladies wandering in and out.

Back
Top Bottom