• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MFA - WWI Posters

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
We visited the Museum of Fine Arts yesterday and saw this USMC WWI poster amongst a large exhibit of WWI posters.

Quiz time: What's wrong with this picture?

USMC WWI Poster 2014-09-07-sm.jpg

He's wearing a Calvary low drop 45 holster? There is no Navy guy there to hold his hand when he boards the ship? His shoes are on the wrong feet?

We visited the Museum of Fine Arts yesterday and saw this USMC WWI poster amongst a large exhibit of WWI posters.

View attachment 113673
Other than the gun pointed up and his finger on the trigger? Probably a sign of the times--1917 gun safety practices.

The poster collection is impressive I saw it when I went to see the Magna Carta exhibit and the European art section. The Magna Carta is gone now, but I recommend the European and American art exhibits to anyone who can stand for several hours at a time.

Other than the gun pointed up and his finger on the trigger? Probably a sign of the times--1917 gun safety practices.

The poster collection is impressive I saw it when I went to see the Magna Carta exhibit and the European art section. The Magna Carta is gone now, but I recommend the European and American art exhibits to anyone who can stand for several hours at a time.

We have a winner!

Yes, the posters are very impressive. It was our Anniversary weekend, so we did this and a Cape Cod Canal Cruise as this was my Wife's wishes. No regrets on how we spent the weekend. Yes, my feet were tired, but the MFA was a good take.

//

In almost every conflict in the last century, it is the Army that is first to fight? [smile]

But if you mean, most likely, the finger on the trigger, those were not PC times and it was done either to show they were ready and meant business, or because the artist had not the slightest clue about firearm use. This continued into WWII.
wwii-keep-it-up-brother-poster.jpg

By everybody....
Nazi+Poster+-+Infantry+-+The+King+of+Service-ww2shots.jpg

"Infantry, Queen of all arms."

The Japanese appealed to heritage.
italy_mair_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom