• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mexifornia Is At It Again

Research Center? Really?

I think everyone knows what the answer is. They are all simply too chicken to say it. So we funnel millions into a feel-good research center in attempt to find a creative way around the problem.

Sub MA for CA and you have the NRAs stance on us.

Welcome to the club. MA is now on the NRA ignore list along with CT. I am a NRA life member and I still support them so they can hopefully stop the spread of anti-gun cancer and prevent federal bans but I have no illusion that the NRA cares about CT (or MA). I could be wrong but I think they kind of care about NY and CA because there are so many people there but I'm sure they view those as lost causes as well. They just put up token resistance there to save face a little because of the massive populations involved.

Welcome to the club. MA is now on the NRA ignore list along with CT. I am a NRA life member and I still support them so they can hopefully stop the spread of anti-gun cancer and prevent federal bans but I have no illusion that the NRA cares about CT (or MA). I could be wrong but I think they kind of care about NY and CA because there are so many people there but I'm sure they view those as lost causes as well. They just put up token resistance there to save face a little because of the massive populations involved.

Why continue to support the NRA if they're MIA in MA?

From the comments section:

"I can see it all now. Sometime soon, all new firearms will be sold with a warning label: 'Firearms are known by the State of California to cause . . .'"

Guess he hasn't purchased a handgun in Massachusetts - at least since 1998...

Why continue to support the NRA if they're MIA in MA?

See above in bold. Parochial thinking and butt hurt is why the antis are gaining ground. If we insist on being divided they will conquer us.

Last edited:
These people doing the research, they must be experts, we are paying them right? Look at all the money we have given them, we better do what they say, or all that money is wasted. You do not want to waste money, now do you. Throw a few "common sense" in there and you got it.

Just askin' [smile]

Yeah, that's cool. For years I didn't support the NRA and I was pissed when they did nothing much about the Sandy Hook laws, CCDL and CT Carry did the 99% of the work to fight that (to no avail). I just decided I needed to support all of them and hope the NRA can turn the tide elsewhere (which I think they are) so maybe CT won't be emboldened to go even further and if/when I move there will be a free America left to move to.

The center ...will be directed by Dr. Garen Wintemute, an emergency medical physician who has already been doing firearm violence research, albeit with an anti-gun stance (and has apparently contributed nearly one million dollars of his own money to the cause).
First, how does a physician get so wealthy he can donate $1million?!?!?!?
More important, since the place is run by someone with a clear bias, the "research" will be scientifically worthless, but will be very useful propaganda. In science and engineering, the absolute most important thing is to have data you can trust.

The Mass laws regarding gun sales are a picnic compared to Kommiefornia.
CA now has a 10 day waiting period and you must also pay a $25 DROS fee to the state on top of the 9% sales tax.
(DROS = Dealer Record Of Sale)

But wait, there's more, you also need to pay another $25 for a Firearms Safety Certificate (for both handguns and long guns) which has to be renewed every 5 years.

That's not all, it gets even worse.
They now have a one-gun-a-month law for purchase of NEW firearms, and if you want to buy a gun out of state and have it shipped to your local FFL in CA, some dealers whack you another $125 charge for all incoming transfers.

http://www.gunrunnerstactical.com/gunrunnerstactical_rules-FAQ.html

FIREARMS PURCHASE REQUIREMENTS

In California, all firearms purchases and transfers, including private party transactions and sales at gun shows, must be made through a licensed dealer under the Dealer Record of Sale (DROS) process.

California imposes a 10-day waiting period before a firearm can be released to a buyer or transferee. During that period, the firearm is kept in our Secure Gun Room.

Long guns -- 6 steps

1. Purchaser must be 18 years of age.

2. Purchaser must fill out a Federal Form 4473.

3. Purchaser must pass a CA DOJ background check.

4. Purchaser must have a valid Firearms Safety Certificate (FSC) as well as successfully perform a Safe Handling demonstration with the purchased firearm.

5. Purchaser must be a California resident with a valid California Identification Card (CID) or Drivers License (CDL)*.

*Military Identification Cards can be accepted in place of CID or CDL if accompanied by permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in California.

6. Purchaser must have accurate proof of residence.
Note: If CID or CDL do not show the current correct residence, a government issued document (by Federal, State, or Local Government) with current residence must be supplied. Example: vehicle registration, property taxes, jury summons, DMV print-out of driving record.

Handguns -- 7 steps

1. Purchaser must be 21 years of age.

2. Purchaser must fill out a Federal Form 4473.

3. Purchaser must pass a CA DOJ background check.

4. Purchaser must have a valid Firearms Safety Certificate (FSC) as well as successfully perform a Safe Handling demonstration with the purchased firearm.

5. Purchaser must be a California resident with a valid Calfornia Identification Card (CID) or Drivers License (CDL)*.

*Military Identification Cards can be accepted in place of CID or CDL if accompanied by permanent duty station orders indicating a posting in California.

6. Purchaser must have accurate proof of residence.
Note: If CID or CDL do not show the current correct residence, a government issued document (by Federal, State, or Local Government) with current residence must be supplied. Example: vehicle registration, property taxes, jury summons, DMV print-out of driving record.

7. The purchaser of a handgun is required, by California, to present a second proof of California residency besides the CID or CDL.

This second proof of residency (as far as California law is concerned) can be a utility bill, residential lease or property deed, or vehicle or vessel registration. (Bank statements and Passports are NOT acceptable proof of residence.)

The information on the second proof of residence must match the address shown on the 4473.

Firearms Safety Certificate (FSC)

We administer this Test for the state stipulated fee: $25

Must be renewed every 5 years to purchase firearms (both handguns and long guns) in California.

Some Individuals are exempt from the FSC, as listed in paragraph 12807 of article 8: Handgun Safety Certificate. Everybody who was exempt from the HSC (Handgun Safety Certificate) is still exempt from the FSC.

People who hold a valid HSC may continue to use it until it expires but for handguns only. To purchase a long gun they must obtain an FSC.

Handgun 30-Day Limitation

You can buy only one NEW handgun every 30 days in California.

Pre-owned ("used") handguns are exempt from this restriction, which means most Private Party Transfers are also exempt.

However, the handgun must have been owned and used in the state of California. As soon as you bring a handgun in from out of state, it's effectively a "new" gun.

On another note, I caught a story yesterday on NRA news that CA is spending the DROS fee money on programs other than what the funds were originally intended for. Big surprise there. [rolleyes]

Last edited:
The Mass laws regarding gun sales are a picnic compared to Kommiefornia.
CA now has a 10 day waiting period and you must also pay a $25 DROS fee to the state on top of the 9% sales tax.
(DROS = Dealer Record Of Sale)

But wait, there's more, you also need to pay another $25 for a Firearms Safety Certificate (for both handguns and long guns) which has to be renewed every 5 years.

That's not all, it gets even worse.
They now have a one-gun-a-month law for purchase of NEW firearms, and if you want to buy a gun out of state and have it shipped to your local FFL in CA, some dealers whack you another $125 charge for all incoming transfers.

http://www.gunrunnerstactical.com/gunrunnerstactical_rules-FAQ.html

On another note, I caught a story yesterday on NRA news that CA is spending the DROS fee money on programs other than what the funds were originally intended for. Big surprise there. [rolleyes]

Yeah, that's kind of my point Zap. All that money and time spent by the NRA in CA and these are the results. If this is the best they can do I'm not impressed!

Yeah, that's kind of my point Zap. All that money and time spent by the NRA in CA and these are the results. If this is the best they can do I'm not impressed!

Just like in Mass, they're shoveling against the tide because there are too many moonbats and not enough NRA members.

Just like in Mass, they're shoveling against the tide because there are too many moonbats and not enough NRA members.

With all due respect sir, more NRA members will fatten the wallets of the NRA, how much money is enough? It seems we aren't even close to turning the tide. More members and more money seems like the usual excuse we get from most organizations when addressing their ineffectiveness. IMHO, I don't see where the NRA is any different in that regard.

With all due respect sir, more NRA members will fatten the wallets of the NRA, how much money is enough? It seems we aren't even close to turning the tide. More members and more money seems like the usual excuse we get from most organizations when addressing their ineffectiveness. IMHO, I don't see where the NRA is any different in that regard.

The power of the NRA comes from its members and the votes of those members.

It's just a numbers game but it scares politicians that are vulnerable. In MA, an incumbent democrat is hardly ever in that position

I'm not an NRA apologist by any means. I guess a big reason I support them is as someone else pointed out, they do have some power in Washington. Some politicians really do fear them, just not around here because MA, NY, CT (and soon to be all of NE most likely) are terminally infected with the libtard cancer. Sure I wish the NRA could do more for us locally but I have a hard time disagreeing that money spent on pro-gun activities in MA, CT, NY, CA by a national entity like the NRA is probably money pissed away. I'd rather not see them spread too thin and lose ground in the red states by spending money on hopeless blue states.

We need to work with groups like GOAL, Comm2a in MA and CCDL and CT Carry in CT, etc. to get things turned around before we can expect the NRA to risk a lot of resources here. So if you have to choose the NRA or a local group I'd probably pick the local group. If you can support both, even better.

Problem with kalifornys is they were raised and lived under such PC that even when they move out of Kali they stay the same. They become a cancer in the state they go to and can't adjust to freedom. Millions have moved to other state and infected those states with pc liberalism, oregon has suffered tremendously in the flood of liberal kalis.

I was referring to CA and MA specifically, the ratio of NRA members to moonbats is extremely lobsided, and their legislatures are nearly all leftists. The NRA sees them as a waste of money because they're too far gone to save.

I'm not an NRA apologist by any means. I guess a big reason I support them is as someone else pointed out, they do have some power in Washington. Some politicians really do fear them, just not around here because MA, NY, CT (and soon to be all of NE most likely) are terminally infected with the libtard cancer. Sure I wish the NRA could do more for us locally but I have a hard time disagreeing that money spent on pro-gun activities in MA, CT, NY, CA by a national entity like the NRA is probably money pissed away. I'd rather not see them spread too thin and lose ground in the red states by spending money on hopeless blue states.

This^

Back
Top Bottom