Mexicans Demand Crackdown On Americans Crossing The Border

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Maybe they should build a huge wall......

Mexican protesters have shut a US southern border crossing amid fears that untested American travellers will spread coronavirus.
Remember, closing borders is only racist when Trump does it.

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I wonder how much I can make being a Coyote and smuggling them filthy Americanos across...?

I'll get a kick out of watching the Federales pulling Soccer Moms out of spare tire wells...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was a way to tax all of that illegal income leaving our country.
There is, but it's 'rassis'.

I wonder how much I can make being a Coyote and smuggling them across...?

I'll get a kick out of watching the Federales pulling Soccer Moms out of spare tire wells...
Going rate, about $10-15k for a full package; travel, job, housing arranged. Another $5k on the high end for fake docs out of Puerto Rico.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I wish there was a way to tax all of that illegal income leaving our country.
While in principle I agree all they would do is set it on fire (gov has never seen a tax it didnt like etc) and figure out a way to use that same law against citizens.

Not to mention, such a change practically invites middlemen. For example in the middle east and africa, there's a system called
Hawala. Basically it's a very old money laundering (usually Islamic, but not always) handling system that can be used to transfer money around the world, without using ways you would think of transmitting value. Hawala brokers get cash from person A to person B, and they collect a fee and then settle the debts between them through various other means that are less likely to attract government scrutiny instead of a "straight" wire transfer. There are all kinds of fun ways people can transmit money, well, without transmitting money, in the middle. Now would a Hawala like system work in Central and South america from the US? Probably not, but if gangs and drug dealers got involved they could come up with a similar system. So basically you could be potentially enriching criminal enterprises with more taxation....

-Mike

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While in principle I agree all they would do is set it on fire (gov has never seen a tax it didnt like etc) and figure out a way to use that same law against citizens.

Not to mention, such a change practically invites middlemen. For example in the middle east and africa, there's a system called
Hawala. Basically it's a very old money laundering (usually Islamic, but not always) handling system that can be used to transfer money around the world, without using ways you would think of transmitting value. Hawala brokers get cash from person A to person B, and they collect a fee and then settle the debts between them through various other means that are less likely to attract government scrutiny instead of a "straight" wire transfer. There are all kinds of fun ways people can transmit money, well, without transmitting money, in the middle. Now would a Hawala like system work in Central and South america from the US? Probably not, but if gangs and drug dealers got involved they could come up with a similar system. So basically you could be potentially enriching criminal enterprises with more taxation....

-Mike
Interesting!

Chevy 2 65

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
For example in the middle east and africa, there's a system called
Hawala.
i believe the tv show "black list" wrote a similar method of payment into an episode recently. only they used the chinese and payment was delivered via chinese food take out delivery guy. they used this method to launder money as well as pay hit men.

bigred460

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i believe the tv show "black list" wrote a similar method of payment into an episode recently. only they used the chinese and payment was delivered via chinese food take out delivery guy. they used this method to launder money as well as pay hit men.
Blacklist is the only show I watch on TV. Glad it's back on, still haven't watched last weeks episode.

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Blacklist is the only show I watch on TV. Glad it's back on, still haven't watched last weeks episode.
going horribly off topic...yep, decent show. but what's with the hiatus in mid season? the old days they'd bang out 42 weeks of episodes, rerun 8 weeks in the summer and continue on new in september. now the divas can only work 20 weeks a year? westworld just came back...it was gone so long between seasons i almost lost interest and forgot what the plot was.

come on now...this was a solid 8 mini rant, no?

Top Bottom