• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mexican Police Department Armed with Slingshots

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Mexican Police Department Armed with Slingshots - The Firearm Blog

Police in Alvarado, Mexico have been stripped of their firearms and issued slingshots and stones after most of the department failed competency tests. Of the department’s 130 officers only 30 passed the tests.

Alvarado’s mayor Bogar Ruiz Rosas argues that the failures were due to the department being made up of mostly newly recruited officers. He has protested the decision by the Veracruz state public secretariat to disarm his officers going as far as to hold a symbolic handover event where he issued police their new sidearms – slingshots and stones, as an act of protest. Ruiz said at the event: “Today we delivered slingshots to our municipal police. The citizen governor made the decision to take all the weapons, which disqualified him completely, as it violates our autonomy.”

This is pretty funny considering that Mexico has five cities in the Top 10 of "Worlds Most Dangerous Cities" list for homicides. Including #1 of Los Cabos with a murder rate of 111.33 per 100,000, which slightly edges out #2, Caracas Venezuela, with a rate of 111.19

853.jpg

I think a lot of problems could be solved by a sling-shotted marble to the nuts. I find this a proper level of force for dumbassery that is above a warning that will be ignored, and firearms.

I'm thinking the Occupy / Antifa idiots.

just buy the 80% slingshot. finish it with simple hand tools and the supplied jig right at your kitchen table. i'll keep you below the radar.

I'm not sure which is more humiliating, having to carry a slingshot and rocks as your primary defense weapon, or wearing
those urban camo arm warmers.

Pretty sure that slingshots are still illegal in MA. Hide that zoobow too!
I believe MA prohibits a "slung shot", not a sling shot.
General Law - Part IV, Title I, Chapter 269, Section 10

EDIT: Never mind, they get along to it later.
General Law - Part IV, Title I, Chapter 269, Section 12

EDIT again: Well, section 10 says you can't have a "slung shot" but says nothing about a "sling shot". Section 12 says you can't manufacture or sell a sling shot, but says nothing about possession. Also, section 12 says that a "slung shot" and a "sling shot" are separate and discrete items, so the prohibition in Section 10 would appear to not apply.

The laws in this state read like a collection of random passages typed by mentally defective monkeys. Nah, that would be insulting to mentally defective monkeys.

Even more EDIT: Ah, a "slung shot" is a weight on the end of a line, historically used to throw a line from one spot to another. Amusingly, it's also known as a "monkey's fist", probably one of the ones being used to draft laws in this state.

Last edited:
Slungshot - Wikipedia

Ah your edit beat my post. Yes - aka monkey's fist.

EDIT; Never mind, they get along to it later.
General Law - Part IV, Title I, Chapter 269, Section 12

EDIT again: Well, section 10 says you can't have a "slung shot" but says nothing about a "sling shot". Section 12 says you can't sell a sling shot, but says nothing about posession. Also, section 12 says that a "slung shot" and a "sling shot" are separate and discrete items, so the prohibition in Section 10 would appear to not apply.

The laws in this state read like a collection of random passages typed by mentally defective monkeys. Nah, that would be insulting to mentally defective monkeys.

Even more EDIT: Ah, a "slung shot" is a weight on the end of a line, historically used to throw a line from one spot to another.

Nothing like a little humiliation to give you the incentive to get your shit together and improve.
Truth be told if they did it the same way here , you'd be seeing a crap ton of slingshots .

Just a small tip...

Roll these in Liquid Nail construction adhesive, then roll them in BBs, Let dry and repeat 2 more times.
Bam! Anti-personnel, aerial bomb. Just make sure you pull the slingshot waaay back...

Oh, and they are much better with real M80s and Quarter-sticks...

m-800_bag_of_72.jpg

Legal firecrackers? Pfftt. Need some M80s or a blockbuster and a three man waterballoon launcher. That thing will go 3 blocks and they’ll never know where it came from.

Even more EDIT: Ah, a "slung shot" is a weight on the end of a line, historically used to throw a line from one spot to another. Amusingly, it's also known as a "monkey's fist", probably one of the ones being used to draft laws in this state.
Slungshot - Wikipedia

Ah your edit beat my post. Yes - aka monkey's fist.

Spot on point, guys;
but I wouldn't try to possess a bolas, either.

Bola_(PSF).jpg

That drop-leg holster on the older guy is a little much... But I guess it IS tactical...

But is it "tactifrio"?

Back
Top Bottom