• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MetroWestTactical IDPA Match 5/22/10

May 22, Saturday 
IDPA match

Location Harvard Sportsman Club

• Registration starting at 9:15 AM, Safety Briefing at 9:45 AM and First Shoots at 10:00 AM.
  • 6 stages (all outdoor). As usual, bring eye/ear protection, a cover garment, at least 3 loading devices for your firearm and 150 rounds.
  • The Harvard Sportsmens Kitchen Committee has kindly offered to prepare lunch for us for a small fee.
  • The forecast for Saturday is warm, so come out and join us for another exciting match!

Last edited:
Man, with NES being down, I had totally lost track of this. Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it.

I was asked to put up the match scores for those who aren't in the yahoo group... so here you go!

Thanks to the MD and SO's! Had a great time yet again [grin]

Thank baby jesus for my brother's broken finger... otherwise he would have beaten me by ~1.5 seconds! [grin] His finger caused him to have to go back to the table for a magazine on stage 2 because he couldn't reach into his pocket for the stowed mag [smile]

Attachments

• MWT+MAY+2010+CLUB+MATCH+-+Corrected+Results.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 14
Thank baby jesus for my brother's broken finger... otherwise he would have beaten me by ~1.5 seconds! [grin] His finger caused him to have to go back to the table for a magazine on stage 2 because he couldn't reach into his pocket for the stowed mag [smile]

No vid of that?? That might be entertaining...

My brother's got the videos... hopefully they'll be up by tomorrow if not tonight [grin]

We couldn't get every stage for every person.

My blunder is on stage 2. Actually pretty funny when I watch it at home.
I should have beat my brother.

Sorry Jar, I think I was keeping score when you were shooting and no one else picked up the camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man... when I mess my reloads/reloads-with-retentions up... I really mess them up (Stage 1 and 6). I gotta work on that.

Last edited:
Man... when I mess my reloads/reloads-with-retentions up... I really mess them up (Stage 1 and 6). I gotta work on that.

I hate them. One thing I just started doing was actually LOOK at where I'm stowing the partial mag- it doesn't take any more time to look. For the longest time I just tried to stick it without looking. Why I would do this I have no idea!

Nice shooting- I think you shoot faster than De. [smile] He runs faster. Good competition.

Last edited:
I hate them. One thing I just started doing was actually LOOK at where I'm stowing the partial mag- it doesn't take any more time to look. For the longest time I just tried to stick it without looking. Why I would do this I have no idea!

Get good at them. Craig and I timed stages both ways and a reload with retention is usually faster. As long as you are proficient in them that is. I hated them too but the timer doesn't lie.

You're right... I don't look when I stow the mag. Hehe... I'm going to try looking from now on...

Back
Top Bottom