Metrowest Tactical IDPA Match - September 18th - Harvard Sportsmen's Club

The September MetroWest Tactical IDPA match will be taking place next Saturday, September 18, 2010 at the Harvard Sportsmen’s Club.

Setup begins at 8:00 AM. Registration 9:15-9:45. Safety Briefing at 9:50. First shots at 10:00 AM sharp.

Match fee is $20.

I am planning on 6 Stages (All outdoor), for a total of about 85 rounds with no misses. We will also have a steel side match (Details Below)

Please remember your eyes, ears, and cover garments.

As always, spectators are always welcome. Please have eye and ear protection. Lunch will be available on site until about 1:15 or so.

As many of you may know, one of the founding members of MWT, Darius Arbabi, has fallen terminally ill. A portion of match proceeds and all side match proceeds will be donated to Darius’s family to help offset some of his medical bills.

Side match:

I plan on running a small side match on the steel plate rack bay. Shooters will get 1 run on a 6-plate rack for a $1 entry fee. All proceeds will go directly to Darius’s family. Shoot as many times as you like!

At the end of the day, the fastest time in each class (Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert, and Master) will be entered into a drawing. The winner of that drawing will receive a voucher redeemable for one future entry in a MWT IDPA match.

If anyone has any questions or would like to volunteer to help out at the match, please email me off list at spiche1 AT comcast.net

See you at the range!

Last edited:
great idea steve,

I will be bringing some extra bullets and cash, plates are a blast!!!

Looking forward to another great HSC match!

I plan on running a small side match on the steel plate rack bay. Shooters will get 1 run on a 6-plate rack for a $1 entry fee. All proceeds will go directly to Darius’s family. Shoot as many times as you like!

I gotta see this......

Come on down. Bring your Sig and we'll go head to head. You have the advantage of using a semi, I'll have the advantage of being familiar with IDPA- sounds like it might be a good match up. Bring it on!

Oh and don't worry about my reloads... I just started practicing tonight... a few minutes here and there between posts. [smile] Come on... you know you want to.

Last edited:
For Christ's sake I just manage in a sport where I can do what I want. What makes you think I can survive one where I have to follow directions? Besides I don't have one of these vests.
images

For Christ's sake I just manage in a sport where I can do what I want. What makes you think I can survive one where I have to follow directions? Besides I don't have one of these vests.

Ok, I'll spot you a procedural. One PE for free. I have a spare vest... or you could be cool and just wear a shirt or something.

I'm really bummed I'm going to miss this match. Hope there's video!

Not so much a fan of CDP after all?

Actually I really love them all... it's just that there are some I like more than others. It's kinda like my shooting friends. [laugh]

Weather is looking great for tomorrow!
Hope for a large turnout to help raise some funds for Cross-X!

Steve

Arghh!!! [hmmm] It looks like family commitments are going to prevent me from making this. If I can sneak out maybe I'll see if I can take a few runs at the plate rack for Darius.

Arghh!!! [hmmm] It looks like family commitments are going to prevent me from making this. If I can sneak out maybe I'll see if I can take a few runs at the plate rack for Darius.

Damn- I think there goes my competition! Not sure if anyone else is shooting SSR. :(

Last edited:
Hmmmm[slap]..... What do you call me, chopped liver? My gun has actually stayed together now for about 600 rounds[laugh2]

Yeah- I didn't think you would be able to shoot SSR!! I think your gun should be good for another couple hundred rounds or so. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom