• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Metro West Tactical IDPA - October Matches - 10/25 & 10/26 @ Harvard Sportsmens Club

Fellow Shooters:

In October Metrowest Tactical will be running two (count them . . . TWO!) matches:

Friends of Revolver (FoR): Saturday, Oct. 25. This match will feature six revolver-friendly stages (they maybe even give a slight advantage to wheelgun shooters), but semi-auto shooters are, as always, welcome. Registration starts at 9:00 am at the action pits; shooters' meeting at 9:45 am; first shots at 10:00 am. $20 fee for adults, juniors accompanied by an adult shoot for free. 6 stages - all outdoors - minimum round count = 99 rounds

Back-up-Gun (BUG): Sunday, Oct. 26. This will be MWT's first BUG match under the current IPDA BUG rules, and is a great opportunity to test our skills with the guns many of us carry every day. In general, semi-autos with barrels of 3.8" or less and revolvers of 3" or less are allowable. We will feature 6 stages with two to three 4 & 5-round strings per stage. There will be no reloading on the clock and no drawing from the holster. Registration starts at 8:30 am at the action pits; shooters' meeting at 9:15 am; first shots at 9:30 am [NOTE: This is 30 minutes earlier than the Saturday match]. $20 fee for adults, juniors accompanied by an adult shoot for free. 6 stages - all outdoors - minimum round count = 73 rounds

Match Director is Alan V. with Assistant Match Directors John I., Jim H., and Darren L. Stages will be posted this week on our website here: http://www.metrowesttactical.com/matchresults

Check back after the match at the same link for results. Results will also be posted to IDPA.com.

Last edited:
Shooting upside-down!? Lol!

As we were planning the BUG match, I was really nervous about the safety implications of this particularly string. The inspiration came from the Carolina Cup IPDA match. I spoke to several people who shot that match and they assured me that it could be done safely. We made sure that the shots were going into the highest berm in any of the pits, and since there were 5 shots and the gun was loaded with 5 rounds only, the gun would be empty after the last shot. After the last shot, the shooter set the firearm back down on the platform before sitting up. It went much better than I expected. Nearly everyone commented that it was actually much easier to shoot this way than it appears.

The scenario was "you are working underneath your car when . . ."

As we were planning the BUG match, I was really nervous about the safety implications of this particularly string. The inspiration came from the Carolina Cup IPDA match. I spoke to several people who shot that match and they assured me that it could be done safely. We made sure that the shots were going into the highest berm in any of the pits, and since there were 5 shots and the gun was loaded with 5 rounds only, the gun would be empty after the last shot. After the last shot, the shooter set the firearm back down on the platform before sitting up. It went much better than I expected. Nearly everyone commented that it was actually much easier to shoot this way than it appears.

The scenario was "you are working underneath your car when . . ."

It looked like it was excellent!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom