• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Metro West Tactical IDPA May 1st Classifier Double Header

May 1, Saturday
 IDPA Classifier Double-header @ Harvard Sportsmen Club

• Registration will start at 9:15 AM, safety briefing at 9:45 AM and first shots at 10:00 AM.
  • Lunch will be available for a small fee.
  • For an extra $5 you can shoot the classifier a second time for a chance to either better your score or classify in a second division.
  • Also a optional two stage BUG mini match scored separately from the classifier. Dust off your J frames and baby Glocks that don't see much range time. Revolvers must have a 3 inch or shorter barrel. Semi-autos must have a 3.8 inch or shorter barrel. Both must be a minimum of .32 caliber. Bring at least a 12 rounds.
  • Both stages will start with the gun in hand since I know not everyone has an IDPA approved holster for their BUG.
  • HSC membership is not required to participate

Last edited:
Thanks to the MD and SO's for running today's classifier match! It was run VERY efficiently. And the BUG match was fun too [grin] Good to see everyone!

Thanks to MWT for another smooth match. The BUG stages were fun. I wish I didn't have 2 FTN's on the second stage. [thinking]

attachment.php

Attachments

• dscf4328_med.jpg
    dscf4328_med.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 147
That 2nd stage wasn't very short people friendly. I couldn't hardly see any of the head. Great BUG stages though and a great time as always.

That 2nd stage wasn't very short people friendly. I couldn't hardly see any of the head. Great BUG stages though and a great time as always.

That's why I shot the steel to drop the target. I hit the steel on the first shot, too bad I didn't manage to hit the target after it dropped. [shocked]

It was run VERY efficiently. And the BUG match was fun too [grin] Good to see everyone!

six pits with with full setups was pretty darn awesome. BUG was a great exercise, personally I really enjoyed that stage/setup.

Great weather,people,staff,range = more good times.

Thanks to the MD and SO's for running today's classifier match! It was run VERY efficiently. And the BUG match was fun too [grin] Good to see everyone!

This was my first classifier , really liked the setup and how it was run , bug match was great , Thanks too all that ran the matc, great job .

This match went really well. The only small downside to the six full pits thing is that I didn't get to see everyone. Otherwise it's great. I especially like the 2 sets of targets for stage one; it speeds it up a lot. My bug stages were terrible. I need more practice with my 442, and I probably should've tested my ammo in my M&P compact before hand. When you only have 5 rounds, losing two of them to FTFs really hurts your stage score. The second stage, I just pulled the slide back enough to reset the striker, so I got all the hits there.

Folks that have registered for the IDPA New England Regional or the NH State Championship on www.matchreg.com, if you were unclassified when you signed up and have since become classified - you can edit your shooter profile and change your classification from "UN" to whatever your new classification is.

Here are the match results in PDF form.

Attachments

• MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER BUG SIDE MATCH Preliminary Results.pdf
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2nd RUN MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER Final Stage Details.pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1ST RUN MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER Final Stage Details.pdf
    35.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 2ND RUN MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER Final Match Results.pdf
    11.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1ST RUN MWT SPRING CLASSIFIER Final Match Results.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 5