Metal Reactive target?

Soundwave

NES Member
I'm looking for a decent reactive target for pistol range. I'm not sure if I'd prefer an all metal setup or something that can be mounted on 2x4s. What's the go to brand? I liked the silhouette style with the "hostage" spinner someone let me shoot. I tried the search and could only find air gun reactive.

How about a couple of round swingers between his legs 🤔

Steel Target.JPG

Dorchester has running targets!

Moving target carrier

Last edited:

Those are great prices. Wish they had more of what I'm looking for.
I keep coming back to this site.

cWRlZmF1bHQuanBn
LmpwZw
JTJDODAw

How about Norwottuck Fish & Game?
I've shot trap there once a few years ago. I'm not a member and don't even remember seeing a pistol area. It was super small. Springfield sportsman is in Monson and has awesome "private" pistol pits. If I can ever decide on a cool belt/holster etc I may even LARP there.

I'm looking for a decent reactive target for pistol range. I'm not sure if I'd prefer an all metal setup or something that can be mounted on 2x4s. What's the go to brand? I liked the silhouette style with the "hostage" spinner someone let me shoot. I tried the search and could only find air gun reactive.
Throom Targets – Ricochet Free Targets is the place to go for DIY non-steel targets if you don't want to deal with the weight, the hassle, or the lead contamination of your vehicle & the ricochet risk.

I mostly shoot at SSC in Monson and I mostly use steel in the pistol pits but I also have a truck to carry them in and I work for a company that I can use the metal shops and machine shops tools and at home I can weld using almost any process and I have a proper plasma cutter and everything to be able to make/repair/modify them and make stands and stuff. If you have to buy everything steel gets to be $$ quickly and if something breaks and you can't weld or fabricate at home now your paying a welder to fix it which is $$. With the Throom targets all you need is a hand saw and maybe a few 2x4's and some screws and a drill and you can do everything yourself.

Last edited:
Throom Targets – Ricochet Free Targets is the place to go for non-steel targets if you don't want to deal with the weight or lead contamination of your vehicle or the ricochet risk.

I mostly shoot at SSC in Monson and I mostly use steel in the pistol pits but I also have a truck to carry them in.
I never even thought of lead contamination! What do people do to transport in a vehicle to help with that? It would be in the back of the Bronco but my dog goes in there!

I never even thought of lead contamination! What do people do to transport in a vehicle to help with that? It would be in the back of the Bronco but my dog goes in there!
no much you can do, If I leave my targets in the back of the truck for any length of time the whole floor of my bed will be covered in lead dust and residue. I always handle them with gloves and pressure wash them before I weld or grind on them. I would never carry them in an enclosed SUV. That's where something like the Throom targets would make more sense because they don't get plastered with lead.

no much you can do, If I leave my targets in the back of the truck for any length of time the whole floor of my bed will be covered in lead dust and residue. I always handle them with gloves and pressure wash them before I weld or grind on them. I would never carry them in an enclosed SUV. That's where something like the Throom targets would make more sense because they don't get plastered with lead.
All great points. Glad I made this topic. I just wish the throom had more options.

As for steel, just take any steel plate and use frangibles.
If near SE CT come ring some steel; I've got frangibles (Sinterfire, Inceptor SRR, RHT, etc.) in several calibers.

Attachments

• Steel Plate.jpg
    Steel Plate.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 5
  • SF308onSteel.jpg
    SF308onSteel.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 7.7JapFrang107g.jpg
    7.7JapFrang107g.jpg
    822.5 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom