• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Metal detectors will be at Fenway

No problem, one of those plastic guns dem congressmen think get through metal detectors.

- - - Updated - - -

F*ck'em I'd rather stay at home and watch it on the big LCD for free and drink not overly expensive beer anyhow.

Don't forget the overpriced tickets, parking, food, drinks and you sit in a seat meant for a midget.

What do they think they are preventing? I go to 30+ games a year and dont recall anything ever happening that a metal detector would prevent.

I commented on the story

No Exceptions? What about for people with implanted medical devices that do not react well to things like Metal Detectors? People with Pacemakers can actually die if they go through a metal detector (rare, but it can happen), and others with devices like neuromodulation devices or insulin pumps are warned against metal detectors because the Electromagnetic field they use can damage the implants.
No exceptions means I cannot attend a game at Fenway, and has the potential for litigation since those with such implants are subject to discrimination due to a medical condition.

I have a neuromodulation implant and cannot pass through metal detectors or even get wanded. Very bad things can happen to my implant if I do either of those things.

I commented on the story

I have a neuromodulation implant and cannot pass through metal detectors or even get wanded. Very bad things can happen to my implant if I do either of those things.

I'm sure you can submit to a TSA level cavity search with no lube instead of the wand or metal detector. Comply, serf, it's for the children!

What do they think they are preventing? I go to 30+ games a year and dont recall anything ever happening that a metal detector would prevent.

Instilling fear into America, one citizen at a time.

I'm sure you can submit to a TSA level cavity search with no lube instead of the wand or metal detector. Comply, serf, it's for the children!

A guard in Denver at the Pepsi Center tried to wand me after I refused a metal detector. I was in a jacket and tie, along with 2 Korean coworkers dressed the same. (Taking them to their first NHL game) the real police officer (in full tacticool gear WITH a vest equipped K-9) told the guy "Was there some part of "sensitive medical implant" you failed to understand? Look at him, not the "demographic" we are looking for"

It was a good day.

And the new mr. Mayor, after enjoying the dry up all the parking in the city policy of mumbles,
has just decreed from on high that the $40 parking tickets for parking in residents only spaces will be now $100 2 hours before till 2 hours after all home games.

Back
Top Bottom