Met the new neighbors....

In the last week, we've had deer, Canada geese, a moose, and this guy visit.
P1080092m-vi.jpg

In the past, we've had coyotes, raccoons, possum, turkeys and birds of every variety. I've had to stop my car in the drive and wake up rabbits who like to sleep there. Deer are so common as to not notice, unless it's a large herd. Since I'm a stone's throw from two swamps, turtles of many kinds are common and snakes by the hundreds. We had a groundhog living under our front porch for a while. It was interesting to watch him feed near the front of the house while he kept watch for the red-tailed hawk that wanted to take him out to lunch.[grin]
BTW, this guy was about a foot across the shell. Might make you reconsider skinney-dipping! [thinking]
This is the only thing that makes living in central MA worthwhile.

Last edited:
Cross-X said:
Is that yer momma, Frosty? Spittin' image!

It appears that law school needs a new mandatory course:

"Contemporary Humor for Lawyers".

I think the current one is being taught by Lt. Hauk.

In Massachusetts, swamps are called "wetlands". And Canada geese that crap 8lbs of manure a day are called "wild life". I say train the snappers to bite the feet off the geese! So why is there a season to shoot Canada geese, but Snapping Turtles are in season all year?

sellscottsell said:
In Massachusetts, swamps are called "wetlands". And Canada geese that crap 8lbs of manure a day are called "wild life". I say train the snappers to bite the feet off the geese! So why is there a season to shoot Canada geese, but Snapping Turtles are in season all year?
Can I hunt Canada Geese with a BMW? And what's the bag limit? [smile]

I had to argue my way past a flock of the $%^&$ things once... I just leaned on my horn and kept the bike rolling. They got the idea.

Back
Top Bottom